Register your interest here for more information or to be notified when applications are open.
Next Intake: TBC
Please ensure you enter the Module Code below when applying for this MicroCred. Applications without this cannot be processed. You may apply for more than one MicroCred under the same application.
|Organisational Behaviour 1||PM3081||7 (6 ECTS)||TBC||€750|
Course commencement is subject to internal validation and approval
This micro-credential represents a single module within a larger further award (eg. Certificate, Diploma, Masters). By taking this micro-credential you may be eligible to apply for a credit exemption should you progress to study for a further award. The programmes associated with this MicroCred are: :
This MicroCred is designed to:
- provide an understanding of the influence of motivation, perception, attitudes and group behaviour upon job performance and job satisfaction
- enable students to comprehend how attitudes are formed and the interaction between attitudes and behaviour
- recognise the impact of perception upon managerial decision making
- appreciate how group norms affect behaviour at work
- differentiate groups and teams
- examine the links between motivation, job satisfaction and performance
- explain the relationship between job design and job satisfaction and explore ways of motivating employees via job rotation, job enlargement and job enrichment.
On successful completion of this MicroCred, students will be able to:
- Define and show knowledge of Organisational Behaviour theories, concepts and principles and understand how they may influence behaviour within the workplace.
- Assess and apply different & informed methods for analysing behaviour in multi-disciplinary groups, teams, departments and organisations
- Identify and apply skills and tools that are useful for analysing individual, group and organisational level people and performance relevant issues
- Apply Organisational Behaviour knowledge to issues relevant to practicing managers and the business organisation (personality, perception, communication, attitudes & values)
- Explain why motivation is important in the workplace and understand the impact of situational factors
- Analyse ‘real-world’ organisational situations through the lens of organisational behaviour.
- Demonstrate the capacity to value, interact and participate in group work and advance effective communication skills.
- Display the ability to professionally provide recommendations & guidance to management in response to Organisational Behaviour analysis and assessment.
Assessment: There is no final exam for this module. You will be assessed through 1-2 continuous skill based assignments, provided by your lecturer
The programme is open to managers, supervisors or those aspiring to a managerial role with a minimum of two years organisational experience.
Completion of an NFQ level 6 certificate in management or equivalent qualification.
Entry requirements are established to ensure the learner can engage with the course material and assessments, at a level suitable to their needs, and the academic requirements of the module. By applying to this micro-credential, you are confirming that you have reviewed and understand any such requirements, and that you meet the eligibility criteria for admission.
Successful completion of this module does not automatically qualify you for entry into a further award. All programme applicants must meet the entry requirements listed if applying for a further award.