Read instructions on how to applyExpress Interest
Register your interest here for more information or to be notified when applications are open.
Next Intake: Spring 2024
Please ensure you enter the Module Code below when applying for this MicroCred. Applications without this cannot be processed. You may apply for more than one MicroCred under the same application.
|Data Analytics with R||MA5021||9||6||Spring 2024||€1,250|
This micro-credential represents a single module within a larger further award (eg. Certificate, Diploma, Masters). By taking this micro-credential you may be eligible to apply for a credit exemption should you progress to study for a further award.
The programmes associated with this MicroCred are:
100% online - Data Analytics with R This module will cover an introduction to programming in R and RStudio for data analytics assuming no prior experience. The module will cover data wrangling, data visualisation, summarising data, and simple statistical modelling in R. Students will learn about reproducible research, coding and analytics practices, and be given an introductory overview of RShiny dashboards.
- Understand the fundamentals of data analytics: You will gain a solid understanding of the key concepts and principles of data analytics, including data manipulation, data exploration, and statistical modelling.
- Perform data wrangling: You will learn how to transform raw data into a structured format suitable for analysis.
- Visualize data effectively: You will be able to create informative and visually appealing data insights.
- Perform simple statistical modelling: You will understand the principles of statistical modelling and learn how to fit basic models to data.
- Apply data analytics techniques to real-world problems: You will gain practical skills to apply your knowledge of data analytics in various domains and solve real-world problems. You will be able to identify relevant data sources, clean and analyze the data, visualize the results, and draw meaningful insights.
Overall, completing this short course will provide a solid foundation in data analytics using R and equip you with the necessary skills to manipulate, visualize, summarize, and model data for actionable insights.
Applicants are normally expected to hold a primary honours degree in a cognate discipline, (minimum H2.2), or equivalent and have at least 5 years of relevant industrial experience.
Entry requirements are established to ensure the learner can engage with the course material and assessments, at a level suitable to their needs, and the academic requirements of the module. By applying to this micro-credential, you are confirming that you have reviewed and understand any such requirements, and that you meet the eligibility criteria for admission.
Successful completion of this module does not automatically qualify you for entry into a further award. All programme applicants must meet the entry requirements listed if applying for a further award.