Available: Part- Time
Duration: 1 Year Online
Award: Professional Diploma
Qualification: NFQ Level 9 Minor Award
Faculty: Kemmy Business School
Course Type: Professional/Flexible
Fees: For Information on Fees, see section below.
This programme is for progressive project management professionals, looking to deepen their project management knowledge and expertise through an immersive, collaborative virtual learning environment with a focus on practical, work-based learning. This programme delivered fully online is for progressive management practice.
Developed with flexibility in mind, the online delivery model of the programme fits your busy schedule by letting you decide when and where to complete your coursework. Our online virtual classroom offers an immersive learning environment, with active interaction and collaboration with classmates and lecturers from around the world. Gain perspectives, insights and opinions from your global community of classmates, who come from a vast range of backgrounds, cultures and sectors all around the world, enabling a unique, diverse learning experience.
Key features include
· Two-week online induction
· On-going engagement with academics and industry professionals
· Paced asynchronous learning
· Group project work
· Fully supported and user friendly learner management system
· Specific learning path design
· Flexibility of access to materials
Modules run in sequence in 5 week blocks in a highly structured format designed to suit the needs of project professional workplace learners.
The programme is broken down into five modules spread over two semesters with a combined total of 30 ECTS
Semester One (Autumn)
Module 1 (6 ECTS)
Project & Programme Management Science and Principles
Provides insights into the fundamental principles of project and programme management and how they might apply within various settings and sectors.
Module 2 (6 ECTS)
People and Behaviour in Projects
Focuses on the soft skills needed to successfully manage and lead projects, across any industry, on a global scale.
Semester Two (Spring)
Module 3 (6 ECTS)
Project & Programme Management Planning & Control
Applies goal directed methods & tracking, aimed at achieving future sustainable benefits through projects and programmes.
Module 4 (6 ECTS)
Project Leadership & Governance
Raises awareness of the importance of effective project leadership, having clear roles, responsibilities and appropriate governance structures in place.
Module 5 (6 ECTS)
Programme Value Risk and Decision Making
Explains how to develop business models and value solutions that are implemented through programmes, with a focus on long term sustainable benefits.
Applicants require a 2.2 or higher in a Level 8 honours degree in a relevant or appropriate discipline, and at least four years relevant work experience in a project related setting.
Recognition is given to prior learning obtained by the applicant.
Applicants may be required to undertake an interview and satisfy the course admission team that they have the motivation and ability to complete and benefit from this course.
What to Include with your Application
Delays in receiving these documents will affect the progress of your application.
- Photo or Scanned original copy of your transcripts for all years of study. (Graduates of UL need only provide us with their Student ID number.)
- Photo or Scanned copy of passport to verify ID and full legal name.
- A copy of your most recent CV.
- Applicants who do not have English as their first language may satisfy English Language requirements:
- If your qualifications have been obtained in a country where English is an official language this will suffice
If this is not available, the following additional documents must be provided:
• English translation of your qualification(s)/transcripts
• English language competency certificate
For more information Click Here