An Apprenticeship is a programme of structured education and training which formally combines and alternates learning in the work place with learning in an education or training centre. It is a dual system, a blended combination of on-the-job employer-based training and off-the-job training.
In 2013 the Minister for Education and Skills, announced a review of apprenticeship training in Ireland which resulted in the formation of the Apprenticeship Council and from this the National Apprenticeship System. The University of Limerick is Ireland's first University to offer apprenticeships from Level 7 Diploma to Level 10 Doctorate under this banner
View information flyer here
We currently offer the following apprenticeships:
- Lean Sigma Manager Masters Level 9
- Supply Chain Associate Diploma Level 7
- Supply Chain Specialist Degree Level 8
- Supply Chain Manager Masters Level 9
- Equipment Systems Engineer Masters Level 9 (in development - for further information please email )
- Software Solutions Architect Masters Level 9 (in development - for further information please email )
- Doctorate Programme Level 10
For further information on Apprenticeships in 2020, please see our Apprenticeships page here.