Available: Part- Time
Duration: 2 years (plus 5 months project write-up)
Award: Masters (MSc)
Faculty: Science and Engineering
Course Type: Professional/Flexible
Application Deadline: Friday, December 13, 2019
The Supply Chain Management Institute in partnership with the University of Limerick have developed Ireland’s first apprenticeship with a level 9 qualification, the Master of Science in Supply Chain Operations (MSc).
The Supply Chain Management Institute in partnership with the University of Limerick have developed Ireland’s first apprenticeship with a level 9 qualification. The Master of Science in Supply Chain Operations (MSc).
Supply Chain Managers perform a crucial, senior role within their company. They manage the delivery of products and services across the entire supply chain; from raw materials to end users.
Developed by industry for industry, this is a work based education programme which supports the development of the Supply Chain knowledge base amongst practitioners in organisations. It combines learning in the workplace with learning online through the University of Limerick.
|Frameworks for Supply Chain Management|
|Strategic Business & Operations Management|
|Mathematical Modelling in Supply Chain|
|Marketing Technology Products|
|Simulation Modelling in Supply Chains|
|Quality Science Statistics 1|
|Sales and Operations Planning|
|Thesis Proposal Preparation|
|Thesis 1 (Supply Chain Operations)|
|Supply Chain Risk Assessment and Forecasting|
|Financial Management and Decision Making|
|Thesis 2 (Supply Chain Operations)|
- Employers must be approved by SOLAS and commit to support the apprentice throughout the programme.
- Programme participants should hold a NFQ level 8 at minimum level 2.2 in a relevant area. Applicants who have completed a level 8 apprenticeship in a related field are also eligible to apply.
- Applicants with a lower qualification may also be considered provided they can prove to have considerable industrial experience as well as evidence of the ability to study at Masters Level.
Benefits to the Employer
- Developed by industry for industry
- Improves staff retention and productivity
- Addresses and tackles skills shortage
- Government subsidized qualifications
Benefits to the Apprentice
- Gain a Masters qualification while working
- Develop career enhancing skills
- Learn best-practice from other organisations
- Excellent career progression prospects