Available: Part- Time
Duration: 2 years
Qualification: NFQ Level 7
Faculty: Science and Engineering
Course Type: Professional/Flexible
Fees: For Information on Fees, see section below.
The Supply Chain Management Institute (IPICS) in partnership with the University of Limerick have developed a Level 7 apprenticeship for a Supply Chain Associate. This programme is run in conjunction with our industry partners.
This Level 7 Diploma in Supply Chain will provide graduates with the opportunity to develop a greater understanding of supply chain processes and the ability to evaluate inventory activities within an organisation’s global operations. This Diploma programme will give you the skills and understanding of the various concepts of operations management related to supply chain management and grounded in the SCOR model. It will prepare you in order to effectively evaluate performance of supply chain activities and identify opportunities for improvement and integration Graduates will understand how to earn customer satisfaction by delivering Lean/Just-in-Time products and services.
Download our brochure here.
Based on the globally recognised body of knowledge in 'Production and Inventory Management' offered by IPICS, this two year programme will provide learners and hosting organisations with the ability to understand and evaluate production and inventory activities within a company's global operations.
Developed by industry for industry, this is a work based education programme which supports the development of the Supply Chain knowledge base amongst practitioners in organisations. It combines learning in the workplace with blended learning through the University of Limerick.
How it Works
The modules in this two-year apprenticeship programme are structured for blended delivery, which minimises the time that participants are ‘off the job’.
A central, interactive platform hosts the complete syllabus, and students can access course materials anytime and anywhere. Only one module will run at any one time, and each taught module will run for a period of five weeks. This gives the students the benefit of focusing their time and thinking exclusively on one area of supply chain management at each stage.
- Virtual classrooms and online tutorials from subject matter experts
- Collaborative group work in virtual teams
- On campus lectures 1 day every 3 weeks during the Autumn and Spring semesters, i.e. 6 days a semester
- Summer school during the first year at the University of Limerick
- Two in-company, self-directed projects
- Additional Industry based seminars and company visits to explore supply chain in practice in Irish and International enterprises.
- Participation in a ‘Community of Practice’. This will allow participants to interact and engage in peer-to-peer learning activities around the academic content.
- Support from an Industry Mentor within the company throughout the apprenticeship
For professionals who:
- Have a minimum of 2 years of organisational experience and aspire to or currently hold their first supervisory or managerial roles in supply chain or inventory management
- Seek to enhance their understanding of supply chain activities and management, and acquire new and best practice methods for efficient supply chain operations
- Evaluate performance of supply chain activities ad identify opportunities for improvement and integration
- Respond to rapid changes in demand and capacity by adjusting and optimising supply chain activities
- Seek recognition as a supply chain associate
- Seek a third level qualification
|Community of Practice|
Alongside your modules you will be participating in the Community of Practice (CoP). This an integral part of your programme and includes:
Minimum requirements for a Supply Chain Associate apprenticeship are
- Open entry to those applicants >23yrs of age with at least 1 years work experience in any manufacturing or service organisation.
- for those < 23yrs of age a pass leaving certificate or equivalent plus work experience of 1 year in any manufacturing or service organisation.
- UL’s PRL policy will be applied to this course.
- Applicants who have completed an NFQ Level 6 apprenticeship, in a cognate field, are also eligible to apply e.g. Logistics Associate.
- Applicants also need to meet the University of Limerick English language requirements. Further information on this is available at www.ul.ie
The normal University of Limerick progression route will be available to apprentices that successfully complete the programme of study, providing a pathway to Level 8 (Honours Degree) in Supply Chain Specialist.
What to Include with your Application
Delays in receiving these documents will affect the progress of your application.
- Photo or Scanned original copy of your transcripts for all years of study. (Graduates of UL need only provide us with their Student ID number.)
- Photo or Scanned copy of passport to verify ID and full legal name.
- A copy of your most recent CV.
- Applicants who do not have English as their first language may satisfy English Language requirements:
- If your qualifications have been obtained in a country where English is an official language this will suffice
If this is not available, the following additional documents must be provided:
• English translation of your qualification(s)/transcripts
• English language competency certificate
For more information Click Here
Company Registration Process: No Charge
Online Student Application Fee: €35 (€40 if paying by cheque or postal order)
Annual Student Contribution Fee: 30% of UL student contribution fee is payable. For 2019/2020 this will be €900*
*It should be noted that these fees are subject to change depending on the programme of study and external funders requirements
For further information and how to apply email firstname.lastname@example.orgFor information on funding and scholarships please click here.