Register your interest here for more information or to be notified when applications are open.
Next intake: Autumn 2024
Please ensure you enter the Module Code when applying for this module. Applications without this cannot be processed. You may apply for more than one module under the same application.
Cybersecurity Law and Regulations
This micro-credential represents a single module within a larger further award (eg. Certificate, Diploma, Masters). By taking this micro-credential you may be eligible to apply for a credit exemption should you progress to study for a further award.
The programmes associated with this MicroCred are:
The aim of the module is to enable students to be aware of Security Standards and associated laws and regulations for Operational Technology (OT)/Information Technology (IT) convergence.
On successful completion of this module, students will be able to:
- Appraise the laws, regulations, policies and ethics as they relate to cyber security and privacy.
- Assess manage and apply the reporting standards relevant to Operational and Information Technologies.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the ethical issues associated with computing.
- Evaluate the threat landscape associated with Information Technology (IT)/Operational Technology (OT) integration.
- Value and accept the importance of laws, standards and ethics in computing.
First or second class Level 8 honours degree (QQI NFQ or other internationally recognised equivalent) in a relevant or appropriate subject, or equivalent prior learning that is recognised by the University as meeting this requirement.
Entry requirements are established to ensure the learner can engage with the course material and assessments, at a level suitable to their needs, and the academic requirements of the module. By applying to this micro-credential, you are confirming that you have reviewed and understand any such requirements, and that you meet the eligibility criteria for admission.
Successful completion of this module does not automatically qualify you for entry into a further award. All programme applicants must meet the entry requirements listed if applying for a further award.