Available: Part- Time
Duration: 5 Weeks
Qualification: Cert of Completion
Faculty: Kemmy Business School
Course Type: Professional/Flexible
Fees: For Information on Fees, see section below.
Application Deadline: Monday, February 28, 2022
This module is designed to introduce the concept of the communications process and to facilitate participants in thinking strategically about communications. They will be introduced to current thinking in business communications, and effective ways to execute successful business communications. With a strong focus on skills-based learning, participants are given the opportunity to reflect on and master the fundamentals in business communication and to learn to manage communications more effectively for personal and professional development.
On the successful completion of this module participants will be able to:
- Identify the fundamental principles underpinning effective communications and the components of the communications process.
- Interpret, assess and critically evaluate key issues in the field of communication theory.
- Analyse types of communication in industry and demonstrate knowledge of key issues involved in business communication.
- Design, practice and perform an effective group oral presentation.
- Apply learning in an online forum using e-tivities and discussion forums.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the value of active listening and feedback skills in a business setting.
- Identify the complexities of communication and appreciate the central role of communications in personal and professional contexts.
|Module Description||Module Code||NFQ Level||ECTS Credits||Start Date|
Participants will be instructed in communication theory and ways to develop their practical written and presentation communication skills. Topics include communication theory, and current thinking on communication channels and contexts, interpersonal communications, non-verbal communication, and listening and feedback skills.
The programme is open to managers, supervisors from a variety of disciplines or those aspiring to a managerial role with three to five years organisational experience.
Desirable: Completion of an NFQ level 8 certificate in management or equivalent qualification.