Available: Part- Time
Duration: 1 Year
Award: Professional Diploma
Qualification: NFQ Level 9 Minor Award
Faculty: Kemmy Business School
Course Type: Professional/Flexible
Fees: For Information on Fees, see section below.
Application Deadline: Friday, July 30, 2021
The Professional Diploma in Management Practice is a skills-based programme designed for graduates who wish to deepen their understanding of fundamental management competencies while building upon their existing skills and knowledge in the area of business management practice.
The Specialist Diploma in Management Practice is a skills-based programme designed for graduates who wish to deepen their understanding of fundamental management competencies while building upon their existing skills and knowledge in the area of business management practice.
The programme offers a robust combination of advanced practical management skills while developing the students entrepreneurial and innovative capabilities. A key source of learning is a problem based learning (PBL) project designed to address realistic industry challenges. This Specialist Diploma has a strong focus and approach on skills-based learning which encourages students to actively collaborate and expand their critical thinking skills in the classroom. Thoughtful planning, industry partnership and experienced tutors facilitate the constant reworking of course details to keep content up-to-date with industry best practice. This Level 9 award will greatly enhance participants managerial skills beyond the level of current offerings, to fill the skills gap which exists in middle to upper management.
Please note we will need to correspond with you by email throughout the application process. For this reason, we ask that you regularly check your email and spam folders.
- Skills-based learning, allowing graduates to immediately express and apply their knowledge to industry.
- Develops knowledge and skills to competently deal with challenges within the complex and dynamic business environment.
- Fills skills shortage, ensure career progression and formalise graduates education in management.
- Exposes graduates to realistic business problems and develops their approach to problem solving.
- Enables industry-based learning with guest lectures and company-based projects.
- Focuses groups and workshops allowing students to build relationships among their peers and learn from other students with varying backgrounds, leads to an increased awareness and appreciation for the many industry types for which this programme has been produced.
- Blended learning offers students the opportunity to learn while meeting work and personal commitments.
The delivery of this programme has been carefully planned to ensure students maximise their learning experience and objectives, while still meeting the demands of their personal and professional commitments. This programme is delivered using interactive workshops and self-directed study to empower learners by developing their individual strengths, expanding their practical skills and offering the latest and best-practice techniques. Due to the current Covid-19 restrictions the programme will be delivered 100% on-line in the coming Academic Year.
CM6901: Business Communications
AC6111: Financial Management & Decision Making
MN6041: Project Management in Practice
AU5032: Marketing Technology Products
AU5011: Strategic Business & Operations Management
Level 8 qualification in any discipline.
Preference will be given to candidates with a second-class honours degree or higher. Applicants may be required to undertake an interview and satisfy the course admission team that they have the ability to complete and benefit from this course.
Each application is considered on an individual basis and is assessed by the Selection Panel for the programme.
Educational qualifications, work and life experience, motivation and overall potential to be successful on the programme are considered and evaluated usually, but not always, by means of an interview.
Applicants may be short-listed for interviews, depending on the number of applications received. It is highly advisable to submit a strong and thorough application in the event that short-listing for interview does take place.
In conjunction with the RPL policy of the University, this Specialist Diploma will consider previous experience as means of application through an ethical and transparent RPL process.
What to Include with your Application
Delays in receiving these documents will affect the progress of your application.
- Photo or Scanned original copy of your transcripts for all years of study. (Graduates of UL need only provide us with their Student ID number.)
- Photo or Scanned copy of passport to verify ID and full legal name.
- A copy of your most recent CV.
- Applicants who do not have English as their first language may satisfy English Language requirements:
- If your qualifications have been obtained in a country where English is an official language this will suffice
If this is not available, the following additional documents must be provided:
• English translation of your qualification(s)/transcripts
• English language competency certificate
For more information Click Here
To be eligible for Springboard+ funding applicants must be resident in the state.
Please note you may be required to verify your Nationality and Residency status.
For Returners and Employed/Self-Employed applicants, the following rules apply :
- must be ordinarily resident in an EU/EEA/Swiss state for at least three of the five years preceding their entry to the programme.
** Note: The period of residency for holders of Stamp 4 or Stamp 4 EU FAM is calculated from the date of receipt of the Stamp 4.
Any period of residency in the state before this date will not be taken into consideration ( ie you must hold Stamp 4 for three of the five years preceding)