Register your interest here for more information or to be notified when applications are open.
Next Intake: Autumn 2024
Please ensure you enter the Module Code below when applying for this MicroCred. Applications without this cannot be processed. You may apply for more than one MicroCred under the same application.
|Supply Chain Management & Customer Relationship Management
|8 (9 ECTS)
Course commencement is subject to internal validation and approval
This micro-credential represents a single module within a larger further award (eg. Certificate, Diploma, Masters). By taking this micro-credential you may be eligible to apply for a credit exemption should you progress to study for a further award. The programmes associated with this MicroCred are:
This MicroCred is designed to enable the students to comprehend how understanding the needs of the customer is an essential part of Supply Chain Management and should transcend all elements of the supply chain.. The key is to understand the link between supply chain structures and what the customer values in a firm - or the entire supply chain. It deals with the integration of information and material flows across multiple organizations in the supply chain. By gathering and understanding what the customer values, in an integrated manner, a firm can gain strategic advantage in supply chain competency. Lean tools are introduced in the context of understanding value adding activities from the perspective of the customer. Value Stream Mapping (VSM) is one lean tool that is presented and discussed as a technique for managing efficiency in the Supply Chain, reducing waste and optimizing performance.
On successful completion of this MicroCred, students will be able to:
- Develop an understanding of supply chain management and the inter-relationships across the entire supply chain.
- Establish an understanding of the potential contribution of customer relationship management in understanding how best to deliver the needs of the customer.
- Define and develop a working knowledge of customer service and its contribution as a value-added service.
- Demonstrate an understanding of lean tools, with a particular focus on Value Stream Mapping as one tool to provide effective customer value in a digital era.
- Acknowledge the importance of Supply chain management in a global setting and the challenges for managing the different elements that make up the supply chain.
- Embrace the underlying structures that are required in customer relationship management and Supply Chain Management
Assessment: There is no final exam for this module. You will be assessed through 1-2 continuous skill based assignments, provided by your lecturer
The programme is open to those currently employed, or seeking employment, in a variety of technology rich industries, such as Pharmaceutical, Medical Devices, Biotechnology and Manufacturing.
Middle managers seeking to reinforce experiential learning with an academic qualification in supply chain management.
Completion of an NFQ level 7 certificate in management or equivalent qualification.
Entry requirements are established to ensure the learner can engage with the course material and assessments, at a level suitable to their needs, and the academic requirements of the module. By applying to this micro-credential, you are confirming that you have reviewed and understand any such requirements, and that you meet the eligibility criteria for admission.
Successful completion of this module does not automatically qualify you for entry into a further award. All programme applicants must meet the entry requirements listed if applying for a further award.