Available: Part- Time
Duration: 1 Year
Qualification: NFQ Level 8
Faculty: Kemmy Business School
Course Type: Professional/Flexible
Fees: For Information on Fees, see section below.
Application Deadline: Monday, August 12, 2019
Designed to enhance the key competencies required to provide direction, facilitate change, manage resources and collaborate across functions, the one-year BA in Management Practice uses interactive workshops and self-directed study to empower learners by developing their individual strengths, expanding their practical skills and offering the latest and best-practice techniques.
For professionals who:
- Fill middle-level managerial roles in a variety of disciplines within public, private and volunteer organisations
- Hold a Level 7 (NFQ), ECTS 60 credits award (minimum 2.2) in Management or Business Studies, or an equivalent qualification
Participants learn to:
- Understand management principles and practices, as well as what it means to be an effective manager in a constantly changing national and international landscape
- Reflect upon their managerial experience by encouraging self-evaluation and enhancing self-awareness
- Use key personal and managerial skills, including problem-solving, collaboration, communication, critical thinking and presentation skills, to improve teamwork, motivation and performance
- Develop their creativity and operational effectiveness, and execute leadership responsibilities within their organisation
- Use analytical thinking to diagnose problems, formulate solutions in collaboration with others and make effective decisions to address contemporary management problems
How it works
- Meeting for two consecutive days every three weeks, learners engage in interactive workshops which are augmented and supported by self-directed and personal study hours.
- Continuous assessment is a core feature of this programme.
|Autumn Semester||Spring Semester|
|MG4917 Supply Chain Management and Customer Relationship Management||MG4918 Strategic Management|
|PM4018 Personnel Management Practice||MG4928 Organisational Performance and Effectiveness|
|MG4927 Cross Cultural Management||EC4908 Issues in the Global Economic Environment|
|MG4937 Management Project: Planning Techniques and Decision Making||MG4938 Management Project: Implementation and Evaluation|
Hold a Level 7 (NFQ), ECTS 60 credits award (minimum 2.2) in Management or Business Studies, or an equivalent qualification
The programme is fully funded for jobseekers and returners. 90% funding is available to full time workers under the Springboard+ 2019 criteria. See springboardcourses.ie website for eligibility details.