Available: Part- Time
Duration: 1 Year
Qualification: NFQ Level 8
Faculty: Kemmy Business School
Course Type: Professional/Flexible
Fees: For Information on Fees, see section below.
Application Deadline: Friday, July 30, 2021
Designed to enhance the key competencies required to provide direction, facilitate change, manage resources and collaborate across functions, the one-year BA in Management Practice uses interactive workshops and self-directed study to empower learners by developing their individual strengths, expanding their practical skills and offering the latest and best-practice techniques.
For professionals who:
- Fill middle-level managerial roles in a variety of disciplines within public, private and volunteer organisations
- Hold a Level 7 (NFQ), ECTS 60 credits award (minimum 2.2) in Management or Business Studies, or an equivalent qualification
Participants learn to:
- Understand management principles and practices, as well as what it means to be an effective manager in a constantly changing national and international landscape
- Reflect upon their managerial experience by encouraging self-evaluation and enhancing self-awareness
- Use key personal and managerial skills, including problem-solving, collaboration, communication, critical thinking and presentation skills, to improve teamwork, motivation and performance
- Develop their creativity and operational effectiveness, and execute leadership responsibilities within their organisation
- Use analytical thinking to diagnose problems, formulate solutions in collaboration with others and make effective decisions to address contemporary management problems
How it works
- Meeting for two consecutive days every three weeks, learners engage in interactive workshops which are augmented and supported by self-directed and personal study hours.
- Continuous assessment is a core feature of this programme.
|Autumn Semester||Spring Semester|
|MG4917 Supply Chain Management and Customer Relationship Management||MG4918 Strategic Management|
|PM4018 Personnel Management Practice||MG4928 Organisational Performance and Effectiveness|
|MG4927 Cross Cultural Management||EC4908 Issues in the Global Economic Environment|
|MG4937 Management Project: Planning Techniques and Decision Making||MG4938 Management Project: Implementation and Evaluation|
Hold a Level 7 (NFQ), ECTS 60 credits award (minimum 2.2) in Management or Business Studies, or an equivalent qualification
What to Include with your Application
Delays in receiving these documents will affect the progress of your application.
- Photo or Scanned original copy of your transcripts for all years of study. (Graduates of UL need only provide us with their Student ID number.)
- Photo or Scanned copy of passport to verify ID and full legal name.
- A copy of your most recent CV.
- Applicants who do not have English as their first language may satisfy English Language requirements:
- If your qualifications have been obtained in a country where English is an official language this will suffice
If this is not available, the following additional documents must be provided:
• English translation of your qualification(s)/transcripts
• English language competency certificate
For more information Click Here