Register your interest here for more information or to be notified when applications are open.
Next Intake: Spring 2025
Please ensure you enter the Module Code below when applying for this MicroCred. Applications without this cannot be processed.
You may apply for more than one MicroCred under the same application.
Frameworks for Supply Chain Management
This micro-credential represents a single module within a larger further award (e.g., Certificate, Diploma, Masters). By taking this micro-credential you may be eligible to apply for a credit exemption should you progress to study for a further award.
The programme(s) associated with this MicroCred are:
The module has been designed for students to: -
- Gain an understanding of their organisations supply chain
- Look at supply chain activities across a number of different industries
- Identify a number of supply chain frameworks that are of interest to their organisation/industry
- Engage with fellow learners to establish global current supply chain practices
- Participate on various discussion forums &
- Complete a range of universally designed for learning e-tivities
- Successfully submit a range of assessments that capture their learning over the course of the 5 weeks
The module is concentrated over 5 weeks and focuses on 4 themed weeks and 1 week where a detailed assessment is carried out.
The module is not lecture driven and is designed so that students participate and complete a number of themed icebreakers and e-tivities and a final assessment of significance which includes a reflective activity.
Each week is supported by reading and viewing resources and moderated discussion forums.
The four themes of interest are as follows:-
- Understanding SCM
- SCM Frameworks
- SCM Performance
- The Good Bad and the Ugly
Students work individually and in a group setting to engage with each other and exchange knowledge.
On successful completion of the module students will be able to :-
- Work collaboratively in an online environment, engage in e-tivities and participate in discussions regarding relevant global SCM topics
- Develop insight and understanding of supply chain practices across your own and other industries
- Identify various frameworks used in supply chain operations current practice
- Determine key performance indicators (KPI) for successful supply chain management
- Recognise supply chain management practices that influence the future success or failure of organisations
- Reflect on their own experience throughout the module
This module is open to those currently employed, or seeking employment, in a variety of industries such as Manufacturing, Service, Retail, Defence Forces, Health Care Services; Pharmaceutical, Medical Devices, Aviation, Semiconductors etc.
Applicants must have a minimum second-class Level 8 honours degree (QQI NFQ or other internationally recognised equivalent) in a relevant or appropriate subject, or equivalent prior learning that is recognised by the University as meeting this requirement.
Applicants must also satisfy the English Language Requirements of the University.
Entry requirements are established to ensure the learner can engage with the course material and assessments, at a level suitable to their needs, and the academic requirements of the module. By applying to this micro-credential, you are confirming that you have reviewed and understand any such requirements, and that you meet the eligibility criteria for admission.
Successful completion of this module does not automatically qualify you for entry into a further award. All programme applicants must meet the entry requirements listed if applying for a further award.