Commencing in January 2023. Applications will open in September 2022.
The Professional Diploma in Supply Chain Management will equip graduates with supply chain management theories and concepts for practical application in the workplace.
This course is eligible for Springboard funding, for more information Click Here.
This programme forms part of the MSc in Supply Chain Operations. Those who have completed this programme may continue on to the MSc. If you are planning to progress to the Masters, please be aware that this is available as an executive apprenticeship with 85% funding. You can find details on the funded Masters programme here
The Professional Diploma in Supply Chain Management offers learners practical interactive knowledge required to manage today’s global supply chains. Gaining theory, current practice and skills to increase supply chain performance within their own organisations.
The programme is designed for those with a responsibility for/or actively engaged in supply chain
activities and is suited to individuals who are in a variety of industry sectors from manufacturing, health, defense forces and services.
It is ideal for individuals wishing to kick start or continue their career in supply chain management.
Developed and delivered by industry and academic experts, modules are delivered online via our dedicated online learning management system facilitating a flexible learning environment.
The programme will run over two academic semesters with a duration of 5 weeks for each 6 credit module.
Course delivery is through a combination of self-instructional materials and regular webinars and
Content built on best practice research and industry application.
- On-line interactive and non-interactive content
- Moderated e-discussion boards
- On-line & email-tutor support
- Professionally designed learning material
This programme contains five taught modules spread over two semesters. The content is online with regular tutor and class interactions.
Semester One (Spring)
Semester Two (Autumn)
Frameworks for Supply Chain Management
Marketing Technology Products
Simulation Modelling in Supply Chains
Mathematical/Analytical Modelling in Supply Chains
A student that starts the programme in Spring who successfully completes all elements of the programme, will graduate at the University of Limerick in the Summer Conferring Ceremonies of the following year. On completion of this programme students will be exempt from Year 1 of the Masters in Supply Chain Operations and are invited to join Year 2 and thus complete the Masters in 1 year.
Applicants require a 2.2 degree in a relevant discipline or equivalent and at least five years relevant work experience in a supply chain function. Applicants must also satisfy the English Language Requirements of the University.
The recognition of prior learning and prior experiential learning as per university policy will be applied to this course. Candidates who do not meet the minimum entry criteria may be interviewed by the Academic
What to Include with your Application
Delays in receiving these documents will affect the progress of your application.
- Photo or Scanned original copy of your transcripts for all years of study. (Graduates of UL need only provide us with their Student ID number.)
- Photo or Scanned copy of passport to verify ID and full legal name.
- A copy of your most recent CV, (for Springboard+ applicants, please note that by providing this document you are agreeing that we may send it to members of industry if you require assistance when searching for an Industry Learning Placement (ILE) or project work. Applies to some courses only).
- Applicants who do not have English as their first language may satisfy English Language requirements:
- If your qualifications have been obtained in a country where English is an official language this will suffice
If this is not available, the following additional documents must be provided:
• English translation of your qualification(s)/transcripts
• English language competency certificate
For more information Click Here
For fees click here
Springboard - Candidates who satisfy the eligibility criteria under Springboard+ can qualify for 90% or 100% funding subject to the availability of places. To clarify eligibility please go to https://springboardcourses.ie/eligibility