Read instructions on how to applyExpress Interest
Register your interest here for more information or to be notified when applications are open.
The programme will create graduates who will be equipped to eliminate supply chain inefficiencies to enable their organisations become more competitive,agile and profitable. End-to-end visibility of the full supply chain is key to supply chain return on investment (ROI). In this Online Masters, students learn and can immediately apply best practice supply chain management skills through every link in the chain.
Start date: Spring (January)
This Masters programme is also available as an apprenticeship with up to 80% fees paid by SOLAS & HEA. To find out more about whether you are eligible for apprenticeship funding, please see here.
The programme is designed for those who areactively engaged in supply chain activities at thestrategic level of their organistation and who intendto use quantitative data tools and methodologies tomanage risk and implement improvementopportunities.For those who want to develop enhanced analytical, modelling and diagnostic capabilities for maximising operational performance within supply chains.
Why choose this course?
- The Complete Picture of Supply Chain
Eliminate inefficiencies and/to get the most out of your organisation.
- Delivered 100% Online
Fit your studies into your schedule with our innovative course design.
- Industry-Relevant Content
Enjoy content developed with industry partners and delivered by industry experts.
- Learn Today, Apply Tomorrow
Immediately apply knowledge gained to your real work environment.
- Manage Supply Chain Risk
Gain exposure to the tools and scenarios to manage Supply Chain Risk.
- Acquire Wider Business Skills
Develop the skills needed for the new era of Supply Chain Management.
Our two-week online orientation module prepares students for ongoing success across the programme. Students are introduced to and familiarised with the online learning model, including set-up on the platform, reading requirements, communication, workload and time management.
Module. Break. Repeat.
Only one module will run at any one time, and each taught module will run for a period of five weeks. This gives students the benefit of focusing their time and thinking exclusively about one area of supply chain management at each stage.
A Head Start for Your Thesis
Writing a master’s thesis can be daunting. Our Masters of Supply Chain Operations takes a different approach to the thesis project. Firstly, the thesis is work-based, so there’s opportunity to apply course learnings and insights to a company-related issue. Both employees and their companies benefit from this approach.
- 100% Online Delivery
- A central interactive platform hosts the complete syllabus, and students can access course materials anytime and anywhere. Our online model is proving to have unprecedented levels of interaction and engagement amongst our international students and is guided by academic and industry experts.
- Tutor-led Interactive Lectures
- We host virtual class sessions where learners receive direction from subject matter experts and ask questions about their projects. These are recorded and made available for replay t-hroughout the programme period.
- Collaborative Group Work
- Even though this is a fully online programme, many of the modules provide an opportunity to work in groups and collaborate with peers in different locations and working in different industry sectors. Remote working is now commonplace in real projects, and you’ll gain experiential knowledge of how to work in virtual teams when preparing group submissions.
- Cooperative E-tivities
- E-tivities are online activities where students and tutors can interact and give feedback to one another. They provide an excellent way for learners to share ideas and perspectives across different contexts and industry sectors. In effect, e-tivities help create an online learning community where everybody learns together.
- Online Resources
- All necessary readings are provided through e-books and other online resources made available through the University of Limerick library facilities.
Frameworks for Supply Chain Management
Operations Management Mathematical Modelling in Supply Chain
Marketing Technology Products
Simulation Modelling in Supply Chains
Sales and Operations Planning
|Semester 4||Thesis Proposal Preparation|
Financial Management and Decision Making
Supply Chain Risk Assessment and Forecasting
Thesis (Supply Chain Operations)
|Semester 6||Thesis (Supply Chain Operations)|
|Module schedule subject to start date|
- Applicants for a Master's programme must normally have a minimum second class Level 8 honours degree (QQI NFQ or other internationally recognised equivalent) in a relevant or appropriate subject, or equivalent prior learning that is recognised by the University as meeting this requirement.
- Applicants with a lower qualification may also be considered provided they can prove to have considerable industrial experience as well as evidence of the ability to study at Masters Level.
- Applicants must also satisfy the English Language Requirements* of the University.
- The University reserves the right to shortlist and interview applicants as deemed necessary.
- Applicant must have a minimum of 2 years appropriate experience in a continuous improvement setting and be in a position to affect organisational change. Applicants should ideally be in a front line management role within their organisation.
- Those applicants not yet in a front line management role but with 3 or more years experience may also be considered.
What to Include with your Application
Delays in receiving these documents will affect the progress of your application.
- Photo or Scanned original copy of your transcripts for all years of study. (Graduates of UL need only provide us with their Student ID number.)
- Photo or Scanned copy of passport to verify ID and full legal name.
- A copy of your most recent CV.
- Applicants who do not have English as their first language may satisfy English Language requirements:
- If your qualifications have been obtained in a country where English is an official language this will suffice
If this is not available, the following additional documents must be provided:
• English translation of your qualification(s)/transcripts
• English language competency certificate
For more information Click Here
EU - €5,250
Non- EU - €5,250
EU - €8,750
Non- EU - €8,750
Further information on fees and payment of fees is available from the Student Fees Office website. All fee related queries should be directed to the Student Fees Office (Phone: +353 61 213 007 or email email@example.com.)
Coming from a healthcare background, I find the course content very applicable to my role as Chief Operations Officer. I am learning so much from my fellow students and the world of industry. I work fulltime and so the flexibility of this course suits me.
Noreen Spillane. Chief Operations Officer.
UL Hospitals Group.
I found the course, while intensive and challenging, refreshingly innovative and worthwhile. A large portion of the course’s success was down to availability the online tutorials, available 24 hours a day, which allowed me to get my Work/Life/Study balance right.
John Branigan, Project Manager,