Register your interest here for more information or to be notified when applications are open.
Data analytics is a valuable tool for making informed strategic decisions. It has increased visibility in all sectors and disciplines, including ICT, pharma and healthcare, sports, education, media, technology, financial services, science, manufacturing, insurance, energy and utilities, the public sector, SMEs, and so much more. Because of this, there is increasing demand for these skills. This Data Analytics Professional Diploma is an online course and has been co-designed with industry. This for you if you and your organisation wish to become more data-driven with optimised performance.
No prior programming experience is necessary to enroll and succeed on this course.
THIS PROGRAMME IS FOR YOU IF:
- You work in any of the industries highlighted above and need to produce reports to make informed decisions.
- You are a manager/supervisor/team leader tracking team KPIs.
- You would like to expand your skill set to enrich your current role or reskill to move into a new position.
Download the course brochure here.
Stack your learning with Microcreds:
Not quite ready to commit to a full professional diploma? Consider trying a microcredential. You can stack your microcred credits towards a professional diploma at a later date. Modules listed within the Programme Content with an (M) beside them are MicroCreds and can be taken independently.
Build Your Master Plan: Stack Your Way to Success: Interested in earning a master's degree beyond a Professional Diploma? Our NEW innovative and one-of-a-kind Master of Professional Practice, combines three Professional Diplomas over five years. Click here for more information.
This NFQ Level 9 Data Analytics Professional Diploma will equip you with practical skills such as data interrogation, visualisation, and predictive analytics. You will work with datasets from real-industry processes, producing digital dashboards that offer elevated insights to your organisation to drive business performance. We provide masterclasses from industry to show how data is used to enhance and transform business. You will gain:
- Improved critical decision-making for your organisation using data-driven models and use modelling to predict future trends.
- Tools to communicate business insights that will empower you to make strategic recommendations using R-Shiny data visualisations and digital dashboards.
- A strengthened ability to analyse, summarise, visualise, and report on insights extracted from a dataset using real-world examples from your organisation.
- Future-Focused Portfolios 1 & 2 - Demonstrate independent and self-determined learning by creating your own portfolio. This module also allows you to create a portfolio demonstrating the development of your reflective practice, evidence-based excellence in applying discipline-specific knowledge in different contexts, and leading discussion on the future of your role.
This course is delivered online. You will experience a supportive and dynamic learning environment, where emphasis is placed on peer learning, team learning, critical reflection and feedback. You will need to allocate 15 to 18 hours per week for study. Between sessions, faculty and staff will support you online.
|Semester 1||ECTS Credits||Semester 2||ECTS Credits|
|Introduction to Predictive Analytics||6||Statistical Learning with Applications||6|
|Data Analytics with R (M)||6||Advanced Predictive Analytics||6|
|Future- Focused Professional Portfolio 1||3||Future-Focused Professional Portfolio 2||3|
(M) A MicroCred is a single module within a larger further award (eg. Certificate, Diploma, Masters). By taking a micro-credential you may be eligible to apply for a credit exemption should you progress to study for a further award.
You are normally expected to hold a primary honours degree in a cognate discipline, (minimum H2.2), or equivalent and have at least 5 years of relevant industry/workplace experience.
Those who do not meet the minimum entry criteria may be considered in accordance with the University's policy on the Recognition of Prior Learning. Such applicants will be required to submit a portfolio to demonstrate their technical and/or management experience.
Alternative Entry Route applicants will be required to undertake an interview. This is to ensure they have the experience, motivation and ability to complete and benefit from this course.
What to include with your application:
- Photo or Scanned original copy of your transcripts for all years of study. (Graduates of UL only need to provide their Student ID number.)
- Photo or scanned copy of passport to verify ID and full legal name.
- A copy of your most recent CV.
If your qualifications have been obtained in a country where English is an official language this will suffice. If this is not available, the following additional documents must be provided:
- English translation of your qualification(s)/transcripts AND
- English language competency certificate
Delays in receiving all documents required will affect the progress of your application.
For more information Click Here
EU - €3,500 per annum
Non- EU - €4,750 per annum
Further information on fees and payment of fees is available from the Student Fees Office website. All fee related queries should be directed to the Student Fees Office (Phone: +353 61 213 007 or email email@example.com.)
“Learnings are immediately applicable from the business perspective & have an impact on our ability to deliver high value solutions to customers across the wide range of industries & markets we support.”
Rosemary Ryan, Analog Devices