Read instructions on how to applyExpress Interest
Register your interest here for more information or to be notified when applications are open.
Next Intake: Spring 024
This microcred introduces learning design principles and how they may be applied to create online course development and training materials.
Please ensure you enter the Module Code below when applying for this module. Applications without this cannot be processed.
|March 19, 2024
This micro-credential represents a single module within a larger further award (eg. Certificate, Diploma, Masters). By taking this micro-credential you may be eligible to apply for a credit exemption should you progress to study for a further award. The programmes associated with this MicroCred are:
This microcred outlines fundamental concepts of learning design and how it can be used in the creation of e-learning content.
On successful completion of this module, learners will be able to:
- Conduct a needs assessment for a proposed learning resource.
- Apply instructional design and learning design theories to the design and development of a digital learning resource.
- Apply universal design for learning and accessibility considerations to the design and development of a digital learning resource.
- Use web-based applications to design and develop digital content.
- Volunteer constructive feedback to peers who are designing a learning resource.
- Design and develop an instructional resource (e.g. a podcast or a micro e-learning course)
Assessment: There is no terminal exam. You will be assessed through continuous skill-based assignments.
This programme is particularly suited to professionals whose roles involve creating technical, e-learning, or specialised content for online delivery. Applicants are normally expected to hold a primary honours degree in any discipline (minimum H2.2) and must have at least two years of relevant work experience.
Entry requirements are established to ensure the learner can engage with the course material and assessments, at a level suitable to their needs, and the academic requirements of the module. By applying to this micro-credential, you are confirming that you have reviewed and understand any such requirements, and that you meet the eligibility criteria for admission.
Successful completion of this module does not automatically qualify you for entry into a further award. All programme applicants must meet the entry requirements listed if applying for a further award.