Course Code: PDSTLETPBD
Available: Part- Time
Duration: 1 Year
Award: Professional Diploma
Qualification: NFQ Level 9 Major Award
Faculty: Kemmy Business School
Course Type: Professional/Flexible
Fees: For Information on Fees, see section below.
Application Deadline: Saturday, December 31, 2022
Register your interest here
to be notified when applications are open.
Next Intake: January 2023
The University of Limerick is pleased to announce the launch of the UL @ Work Professional Diploma in Strategic Leadership. This exciting one-year diploma has been launched in response to corporate demand for upskilling of leadership capacity to meet the considerable challenges faced by organisations in today's world. This diploma will be completed fully online allowing existing professionals to develop and expand their skills while continuing to work fulltime
On completion of the PD in Strategic Leadership programme, you’ll walk away with:
1 Tools and frameworks to refine your individual leadership purpose in alignment with the purpose of your organisation.
2 The tools and techniques to lead workplace challenges during periods of change in your organisation such as during digital transformation
3 A critical understanding of the key behaviours and core competencies successful strategic leaders require to create organisations that thrive in turbulent times
Next Intake: January 2023
Students will experience a supportive and dynamic learning environment in which there will be an emphasis on peer learning, team learning, critical reflection and feedback. Through the virtual learning environment students will have an opportunity to engage with a range of learning methods and problems. Between session students will be supported by faculty and staff online and will be required to carry out between 15 and 18 hours of study per week.
On successful completion of this programme, the graduate will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of leadership theories and develop their personal definition of leadership and how to develop both individual leaders and leadership capacity in organisations.
- Demonstrate and understanding the importance of ethical leadership in organisational transformation.
- Comprehend of the drivers of digital disruption and an understanding of how digital technologies and business models are radically changing competitive dynamics across industries.
- Develop an understanding of the complex and contextual nature of organisational change and the role of leadership in the change management process
- Design and develop solutions for leading digital change in organisations.
- Demonstrate a range of competencies in leadership and change management in digital transformation together with the knowledge of relevant theories in these disciplines.
- Explore and use leadership and change management concepts understanding their core features and functionality.
- Use digital approaches and techniques to develop business/technical solutions
|Semester 1||ECTS||Semester 2||ECTS credits|
|Strategic Leadership Practices||12||Applied Strategic Leadership||12|
|Future Focused Professional Portfolio 1||3||Future Focused Professional Portfolio 2||3|
Applicants are normally expected to hold a primary honours degree in a cognate discipline, (minimum H2.2), or equivalent and have at least 5 years of relevant industrial experience.
The course admission team may interview applicants at their discretion as part of the admission process.
Alternative Entry Route:
Candidates who do not meet the minimum entry criteria may be considered in accordance with the University's policy on the Recognition of Prior Learning. These candidates will be required to submit a portfolio to demonstrate their technical and/or management experience.
Alternative Entry Route applicants will be required to undertake an interview and satisfy the course admission team that they have the experience, motivation and ability to complete and benefit from this course.
What to Include with your Application
Delays in receiving these documents will affect the progress of your application.
- Photo or Scanned original copy of your transcripts for all years of study. (Graduates of UL need only provide us with their Student ID number.)
- Photo or Scanned copy of passport to verify ID and full legal name.
- A copy of your most recent CV.
- Applicants who do not have English as their first language may satisfy English Language requirements:
- If your qualifications have been obtained in a country where English is an official language this will suffice
If this is not available, the following additional documents must be provided:
• English translation of your qualification(s)/transcripts
• English language competency certificate
For more information Click Here