Read instructions on how to applyExpress Interest
Register your interest here for more information or to be notified when applications are open.
Enrolling now for September 2023
You’ve got significant responsibilities and the power to make big decisions. You could be steering your organisation’s next strategic move or leading your team through a project of change. Either way, you need to make smart and bold choices and persuade others to get behind them. Our NFQ Level 9 Strategic Leadership Professional Diploma has been designed in response to corporate demand for upskilling leadership capacity to meet the considerable challenges organisations face. This Professional Diploma will be completed online, allowing you to develop and expand your skills while continuing to work full-time.
THIS PROGRAMME WILL EQUIP YOU WITH:
- Tools and framework to refine your individual leadership purpose in alignment with your organisation's goals.
- Tools and techniques to lead workplace challenges during periods of change in your organisation, such as digital transformation.
- A critical understanding of how key behaviours and core competencies successful strategic leaders require to create organisations that thrive in turbulent times.
Next Intake: September 2023
You will experience a supportive and dynamic learning environment in which there will be an emphasis on peer learning, team learning, critical reflection and feedback. Through virtual learning environment you will have an opportunity to engage with a range of learning methods and problems. Between sessions you will be supported by faculty and staff online and will be required to carry out between 15 and 18 hours of study per week.
On successful completion, you will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of leadership theories and develop your personal definition of leadership and how to develop both individual leaders and leadership capacity in organisations.
- Demonstrate and understand the importance of ethical leadership in organisational transformation.
- Comprehend the drivers of digital disruption and an understanding of how digital technologies and business models are radically changing competitive dynamics across industries.
- Develop an understanding of the complex and contextual nature of organisational change and the role of leadership in the change management process.
- Design and develop solutions for leading change in organisations.
- Explore and use leadership and change management concepts understanding their core features and functionality.
- Use digital approaches and techniques to develop business/technical solutions.
- Future-Focused Portfolios 1 & 2 - Demonstrate independent and self-determined learning by creating your own portfolio. This module also allows you to create a portfolio demonstrating the development of your reflective practice, evidence-based excellence in applying discipline-specific knowledge in different contexts, and leading discussion on the future of your role.
|Semester 1||ECTS||Semester 2||ECTS credits|
|Strategic Leadership Practices||12||Applied Strategic Leadership||12|
|Future Focused Professional Portfolio 1||3||Future Focused Professional Portfolio 2||3|
Applicants are normally expected to hold a primary honours degree in a related discipline, (minimum H2.2), or equivalent and have at least 5 years of relevant industry experience.
The course admission team may interview applicants at their discretion as part of the admission process.
Alternative Entry Route:
Candidates who do not meet the minimum entry criteria may be considered in accordance with the University's policy on the Recognition of Prior Learning. These candidates will be required to submit a portfolio to demonstrate their technical and/or management experience.
Alternative Entry Route applicants will be required to undertake an interview and satisfy the course admission team that they have the experience, motivation and ability to complete and benefit from this course.
What to Include with your Application
Delays in receiving these documents will affect the progress of your application.
- Photo or Scanned original copy of your transcripts for all years of study. (Graduates of UL need only provide us with their Student ID number.)
- Photo or Scanned copy of passport to verify ID and full legal name.
- A copy of your most recent CV.
- Applicants who do not have English as their first language may satisfy English Language requirements:
- If your qualifications have been obtained in a country where English is an official language this will suffice
If this is not available, the following additional documents must be provided:
• English translation of your qualification(s)/transcripts
• English language competency certificate
For more information Click Here
EU - €3,500
Non- EU - €4,750
Further information on fees and payment of fees is available from the Student Fees Office website. All fee related queries should be directed to the Student Fees Office (Phone: +353 61 213 007 or email email@example.com.)