Read instructions on how to applyExpress Interest
Register your interest here for more information or to be notified when applications are open.
Next Intake: Autumn 2023
Please ensure you enter the Module Code above when applying for this module. Applications without this cannot be processed. You may apply for more than one module under the same application.
|Management & Leadership||MG2101||6 (6 ECTS)||Nov 2023||€750|
Course commencement is subject to internal validation and approval
This micro-credential represents a single module within a larger further award (eg. Certificate, Diploma, Masters). By taking this micro-credential you may be eligible to apply for a credit exemption should you progress to study for a further award. The programmes associated with this MicroCred are:
This module in Management and Leadership is designed to provide an introduction to the role of the front-line manager and to develop an understanding of the theories, concepts and techniques of self-management.
This module will heighten awareness of personal effectiveness and develop skills in personal development and action planning. It will provide insight and knowledge in the most salient theories of management and leadership and develop an understanding of the core competencies and skills associated with effective management and leadership.
On successful completion of this module, students will be able to:
- Develop a deeper level of insight and understanding into personal management strengths and areas of development.
- Distinguish and understand the relationship between Management and Leadership.
- Identify and combine key theories of Leadership and Management.
- Establish a deeper level of insight and understanding into leadership and management practices.
- Acknowledge the importance of personal development planning and associated action plans.
- Embrace the importance of time management and prioritising.
- Integrate actions plans within career and workplace.
- Acknowledge the importance of leadership and management practices
Assessment: There is no final exam for this module. You will be assessed through 1-2 continuous skill based assignments, provided by your lecturer
The programme is open to managers, supervisors or those aspiring to a managerial role with a minimum of two years organisational experience.
Entry requirements are established to ensure the learner can engage with the course material and assessments, at a level suitable to their needs, and the academic requirements of the module. By applying to this micro-credential, you are confirming that you have reviewed and understand any such requirements, and that you meet the eligibility criteria for admission.
Successful completion of this module does not automatically qualify you for entry into a further award. All programme applicants must meet the entry requirements listed if applying for a further award.