Read instructions on how to applyExpress Interest
Register your interest here for more information or to be notified when applications are open.
Please ensure you enter the Module Code below when applying for this MicroCred. Applications without this cannot be processed. You may apply for more than one module under the same application.
|Management of Change||MG3602||7||6||Jan 2023||€750|
Course commencement is subject to internal validation and approval
This MicroCred is designed to:
- provide an overview of the range of issues that face managers in the continuous management of change.
- explore the nature and importance of change
- comprehend the main factors facing change both internally and externally
- recognise the role of organisation culture in the change process
- develop an understanding of how to plan and implement a broad strategy for introducing change
- apply management change techniques to a variety of organisations
On successful completion of this MicroCred students will be able to:
- Recognise the nature and importance of change within organisations
- Describe the key theories associated with the management of change within modern organisations and integrate the basic steps in the change process
- Develop and implement a broad strategy for introducing change
- Analyse organisational culture and its impact upon change within the organisation
- Critically evaluate key theories relating to the management of change
- Identify elements of organisational culture and make suggestions as to the fit with the change effort
- Embrace the change process and synthesise the values of change within oneself and within the organisation.
Assessment: There is no final exam for this module. You will be assessed through 1-2 continuous skill based assignments, provided by your lecturer
The programme is open to managers, supervisors or those aspiring to a managerial role with a minimum of two years organisational experience.
Completion of an NFQ level 6 certificate in management or equivalent qualification