This highly interactive grant writing course teaches researchers critical skills to write effective research proposals and win funding.
We discuss the relevant funding agencies for the participants' subject and how to develop and refine a grant proposal tailored to different calls.
We also take participants through the process by which funders evaluate proposals and review examples of real proposals in an interactive session, discussing the positives and negatives of each one. Additional exercises guide participants to develop and communicate their ideas using practical brainstorming tools. Because successful proposals depend on effective writing, we also teach how to effectively communicate complex research ideas to a less specialist panel review audience.
Finally, we take participants through the stages of the collaborative proposal writing and editing process.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to
- Describe the proposal review process
- Effectively manage a collaborative proposal writing process
- Understand the requirements for each section of a proposal
- Understand the key differences between criteria for fellowships and research grants
- Draft a compelling and concise proposal abstract and text
- Write convincingly about research impact
- Use brainstorming tools to generate ideas and evidence
- Assess and mitigate risk
- Refine ideas and writing for a less technical audience
Trainees are required to submit the following information prior to the course
- Your discipline/ research area
- Your level of experience in Grant Writing
- Your Target Funders
To book email firstname.lastname@example.org