Dates: Wednesday, October 16, 2019
Presenter: Bob Green
Duration: 2 hours
Meet the experts from Clarivate Analytics on Web of Science.
This 2 hour researcher training will cover
- Techniques and tools for retrieving the most relevant publications in your topic
- Topic searching key rules
- Tools to prioritise key research: Citation Counts, Highly Cited Papers, Hot Papers
- Extend discovery with the Citation Network- reinforcement of discovery through ‘association of ideas’
Using Marked lists and Alerts
- Getting to the Full Text
- Full text access and delivery
- Full Text via Open Access route with Impact Story
- Name search / Author Finder / Author sets (DAIS) / Author IDs
- Author Profiles using Publons (due this year)
- What is Publons?
- Claim Web of Science papers on Publons
- Searching capabilities (for reviewers, organisations)
- Build a profile of research and impact using Analyse Results and Citation Reports
- Use Journal Citation Reports for understand the publication landscape in more detail
Location - Glucksman Library Faculty & Staff Meeting/Training Room GL2-031: Located on Second floor of new library wing.
Turn left after entrance gates. Continue straight until wood staircase (on right). Go up two flights to floor 2. Enter Graduate Commons on left (swipe access only). Then go through double doors on right. Continue through to the other side of the room and exit.
GL2-031 is the corner room straight ahead.
If no swipe access ID - there is alternative access via old library Floor 2. Turn right at entrance gates and take glass stairs to floor 2. Go through old library to new wing. Turn right and room is on corridor past lift. Lift availability in both new and old wings.
Bob Green, Solution Specialist with Clarivate Analytics will deliver this 2 hour session on Web of Science tools and how they can serve researchers.
To book a place, please email fill in the registration form at this link https://ul.libcal.com/event/3423520