Dates: Tuesday, October 19, 2021
Time: 09.30 - 12.45
Presenter: Sarah Marriott, Plain English
Duration: Half Day
Participants will gain confidence in their skills on this half-day workshop-style course. You will also learn about best practice, how to listen more effectively and how to write less during a meeting – and how to ensure completed minutes achieve their objectives.
Part 1 – Introduction
- Best practice: defining good minutes
- What are the key skills for minute-taking?
- Style of different types of minutes: formal and informal
- Practical: A to Z of taking minutes
Part 2 – Before and during a meeting
- Use a meetings checklist
- Create an effective agenda
- Listen more confidently – for salient points (and decide what to leave out)
- Take shorter clearer notes (to speed up transcribing)
- Practice: Taking minutes in a meeting, using guided role-play (notes provided)
Part 3 – After a meeting
- Templates for formal and informal minutes
- Practice: Writing up minutes from the role-play
- Writing tips: effective lists / active voice / being concise
- Useful phrases for formal minutes
- Practice: Editing minutes from the role-play
To book a place, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
48hrs Notice Required