'STELA Live' is funded under the National Forum for the Enhancement of Teaching and Learning SATLE 2020 call and builds on the new Policy on the Use of Data to Enhance Teaching, Learning and Assessment (Learning Analytics) and Student Privacy Notice at UL, and the products and consultation as part of the STELA project. As a direct follow up from this project, STELA Live aims to:
(1) Conduct an analysis of the variables that best predict performance and progression in selected modules and/or programmes with large and very large cohorts, accessing and triangulating existing data to provide a baseline, including information from SI and engagement with learning platforms.
(2) Develop a protocol to improve the academic experience of students through the delivery of timely, personalised and actionable student feedback throughout their participation. This will involve:
- working closely with selected module leaders and course directors to gather data on student engagement and select learning markers;
- develop protocols for student participation and opt-out mechanisms;
- define the conditions under which students would be contacted, taking into account the students' voice in the process;
- establish relevant and potential interactions with established support systems in UL (e.g. Learning Centres; Student Advisor System) to follow up individually with students when required; and
- evaluate the impact of the intervention from the perspective of all stakeholders and from a student’s success standpoint, thus informing the design of the process.
For more information, contact project leads Dr Angelica Risquez and Sarah Gibbons (currently on leave).