The Centre for Teaching and Learning exists to encourage and facilitates excellence in teaching and learning within and beyond the University of Limerick.
The CTL has four main aims:
- To encourage scholarship and research in teaching and learning
- To encourage innovation in teaching and learning activities
- To help ensure that effective teaching is valued, supported and developed
- To enhance the learning and development experience for both teachers and learners
The CTL provides support for, advises, recognises and facilitates all those involved in teaching and learning at UL. It does this by:
- Heightening the profile and value of teaching activities
- Collaboratively engaging in evidence-based research
- Enabling key teaching innovations
- Offering an exceptional and extensive range of programmes, workshops and professional development opportunities.