- CAST: Universal Design for Learning Guidelines: Read the full UDL guidelines
- INCLUDE: International Collaboratory for Leadership in Universally Designed Education: a global network of researchers, students, and practitioners committed to strengthening outcomes for all learners. INCLUDE aims to link colleagues for partnership and support in the research and design, implementation, innovation, and exploration of Universal Design for Learning (UDL).
- Universal Design for Learning: A Best Practice Guideline: Universal Design – License to Learn. Funded by the Erasmus+ Programme of the European Union
- UDL Plus One approach (video): Dr Tom Tobin discusses how you can use the Plus One approach when implementing UDL.
- UDL Progression Rubric This self-grading progression rubric by CAST gives examples of how UDL can be implemented.
- Get your UDL score: AHEAD have devised a quick tool which gets you to look at CAST’s UDL principles and guidelines in the context of your own practice and ask – which of these principles am I already unknowingly adhering to in my work?
- UDL in course design: The useful website by CAST shows how to plan and design for the variability present in today's postsecondary classrooms.
- UDL Media and content creation: CAST's resources on how and why to use different media to increase the responsiveness of learning environments
- Think UDL: a podcast about Universal Design for Learning interviewing who are designing and implementing strategies in post-secondary settings with learner variability in mind.
- The Accessible Learning Experience: CASTS's podcast with interviews with leaders whose work focuses on turning learning barriers into learning opportunities.
- UDL in 15 minutes: Short podcasts about how UDL has been implemented.
- UDL Research in 15 minutes: Podcast interviewing people who research UDL.
- CPD - the Digital Badge for Universal Design in Teaching & Learning: As part of the National Forum for the Enhancement of Teaching & Learning's open-access digital badge initiative, AHEAD and UCD Access & Lifelong Learning have teamed up to create the digital badge for Universal Design in Teaching and Learning.
- Bracken, S. and Novak, K. eds (2019) Transforming Higher Education Through Universal Design for Learning, Routledge
- Burgstahler, S. & Cory, R. (2008) Universal design in higher education: from principles to practice. Cambridge, Mass: Harvard Education Press.
- Tobin, T. J. & Behling, K. (2018) Reach everyone, teach everyone : Universal Design for Learning in higher education. First edition. Morgantown, West Virginia: West Virginia University Press.