When called to attend an interview, preparation is key. Understanding the job description will help identify the core competencies required, and being able to provide examples, your reaction and the final outcome will enable the interviewer to decide that you are the right person for the role.
Behavioural Competency Based Interview Question Bank - is a resource of sample questions that you can prepare prior to the interview.
Interviewee Skills Training is offered several times a year and addresses many of the concerns of the interviewee. How to prepare for a competency based interview, what to expect and how to deal with nerves on the day.
- Main structure of the interview – opening ,body, closing - what to expect as the interview is being closed out – what interviewers’ are looking for
- During the interview – what to expect – tips about nerves and focussing on making sure you answer the question asked
- What are interviewers looking for when asking competency based questions
- Attending for interview online – additional hints, tips and advice about what to do before and during the online or virtual interview
- How scoring works and what you can do to influence scores
- How to prepare for your interview, hints & tips, approaches for preparing.
Upcoming dates can be found on the Talent Development Training Programmes and Schedule.
Online tools are available to help you make the most of your opportunity. Our colleagues in the Cooperative Education & Careers Division and the Careers Service have some general advice on creating your CV, cover letter and even preparing for an interview by completing a free online video interview to practice your response to commonly asked questions. Visit their webpage Career Advice | University of Limerick - Cooperative Education & Careers Division (ul.ie)