The University of Limerick has an Equality and Diversity Policy and plans are underway to commence a consultative process to implement a Disability Code of Practice for the Employment of People with Disabilities in 2021. Follow this link for more information. 

Calendars, timetables and dates are available of the website through the staff gateway.

The University of Limerick provides facilities for staff and students to accommodate breastfeeding mothers. The Mother and Baby Room is located in the Main Building, Room E0-010a. 

Information on work permit requirements may be found on the Department of Enterprise and Employment website

Please note that employees cannot commence employment with the University until their Work Permit/Hosting Agreement has been issued. 

In order to deduct the correct tax from your salary, you will need to apply for a Certificate of Tax Credits (Form 12A).  Please go to to download the Form 12A. 

The Form 12A should be submitted as soon as possible to minimise the risk of ‘emergency tax’ at 42%.  Emergency tax is applied in cases where your tax credits are unclear.  If emergency tax is initially applied, the appropriate reimbursements will be made to you as soon as your tax situation is clarified.

Both the employee and the University of Limerick will be notified of tax credits.  The University will make the necessary tax deductions from your salary.

Required information to complete Form 12A

  • Employers PAYE Registered Number – 0032116A
  • PPS number
  • Irish Address

To log an issue with IT please go to and Log in with your UL email and UL password. If you are off campus you can email or phone (061) 202999

Correspondence with the Tax office should be addressed to:  Income Tax Office, River House, Charlotte’s Quay, Limerick.  Phone Number: 061 212700

In the event of an emergency dial 999 or 112.

For internal Campus Emergencies, the internal emergency number should be called immediately on 061(213333).Further information relating to Health & Safety

Phone numbers can be searched for by name on the Campus Phone Directory.

Lots of information is available on the Building and Estates webpages including some handy maps and guides for the different buildings. 

HR Research Logos