Careers support for students with disabilities
The Careers Support Service is a specialist service to help students with disabilities with all aspects of career planning. We provide advice, information and support from the time you start in UL, through your Cooperative Education placement, and as you prepare for the next stage in your career, which includes employment or postgraduate study. One of the specialist services we provide is the Inclusion website which is tailored for students and graduates with disabilities.
As a student dealing with an illness or disability are there issues that concern you when preparing for and making career choices?
Do you need any special support when accessing the range of services available to you through the Careers Service?
Do issues like attending interviews, accessing information and disclosing health matters to an employer present special concerns?
A special Careers Advice and Support Service is available to students who are registered with the Disability Service. In addition to general service provision, the Careers Service supports special needs across all aspects of career planning and career strategy development. The service aims to support students with career planning from the point of admission to U.L. Students are welcomed and encouraged to use the facilities of this service.
To avail of this service please contact Employability Advisor Beth Jennings - Cooperative Education and Careers Division, Room E0019, Tel: +353-61-213107 Email: Beth.Jennings@ul.ie
Appointments are being hosted on MS Teams, or are available on campus.
CV Clinics are a 15 minute individual meeting with a Careers Advisor to help you work on your CV. CV Clinics are available Monday - Friday please book on CareersConnect.
- If you need help with preparing a CV, please book into one of our CV workshops in the Events section on Connect or view the workshop online
- Review our guide to writing the perfect CV
- Have your CV ready in PDF format as you will need to upload the document when completing the booking.
Careers Consultations/Employability Consultations are a longer 30 minute individual meeting with a Careers Advisor. Book on CareersConnect Careers Consultations are available Monday - Thursday.
Meet a Careers Advisor to discuss:
- Career Plans
- Job Search
- Mock Interview (please send your job description to Careers@ul.ie 48 hours in advance of appointment)
- Further Study
- Change of Course
- Have your LinkedIn Profile reviewed
Once you have booked your appointment:
1. We will send you a Microsoft Teams invite 1 hour before the appointment which you will receive to your email, please accept this invite.
2. Ten mins before the meeting, open the Microsoft Teams invite on your calendar (Download Microsoft Teams if you do not currently have it), Open the app and find your scheduled meeting and click “join the meeting”.
3. You can join on a laptop/tablet or your phone. You can enable video or voice only (depending on your network coverage).
If you wish to book an Employability appointment you can contact Beth Jennings prior to booking an appointment. Employability consultations are separate appointments on CareersConnect. You can also email Careers@ul.ie for more information.