Assessment & Evaluation of Cooperative Education
The formal assessment of the Cooperative Education programme comprises Learning Outcomes, Faculty Visit, Coop Report and Final Employer Evaluation. Faculty review students’ learning outcomes through the academic visit and the Cooperative Education Report. The on-site visit provides an opportunity to evaluate the students’ ability to apply classroom learning to the professional work environment. As such, the visit is a key quality indicator of both the student experience and the extent to which UL students are workplace ready.
The role of the faculty visitor within the evaluation and grading process is to:
- understand the assessment requirements of the Coop programme, associated Learning Outcomes and how skill development is assessed and measured
- complete the assigned visit as early as possible in the placement period
- complete Qualtrics based Visit Form for each student and submit it to CECD via the Staff Portal
In the case of global placements only, the review may take place by telephone.
In addition to faculty and employer evaluation processes, all students must submit a Coop Report, signed by their employer, to CECD in Week 1. Once submitted, the report is viewable to the Faculty Visitor for review and grading on the Staff Portal. Students must achieve a pass grade in order to proceed to graduation.
The Faculty Visitor is asked to:
- grade Coop Reports on a pass/fail basis
- return grades to CECD by Week 6 via the Staff Portal
Guidelines for the Coop Report can be accessed here