Fee Waivers and Scholarships
Fee Waivers and Scholarships
The Faculty of Arts, Humanities & Social Sciences at the University of Limerick, Ireland, is offering a number of Fee Waivers and Scholarships to PhD candidates on a competitive basis.
The awards will take effect from September 2017.
The Faculty of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences at the University of Limerick, Ireland is a vibrant, outward-looking faculty that combines intensive research activity with the strongest commitment to high quality undergraduate and postgraduate teaching. Faculty are involved in research across a range of disciplines including Cultural Studies, Creative Writing, English, Gaeilge, History, Journalism, Law, Linguistics, Modern Languages, New Media, Politics, Public Administration, Sociology, Teaching English as a Second Language and Technical Communication and ELearning. Our PhD students are housed in the AHSS Graduate Research Centre. The faculty convenes an annual Postgraduate Research Conference.
Successful applicants will be expected to deliver a small number of tutorial hours in lieu of their award.
Full details of the AHSS Research Supervisor’s areas of expertise may be found at: www.ul.ie/artsoc/pg-research/supervisors.
AHSS Faculty Fee Waivers:
We invite applications for the following AHSS Faculty Fee Waivers to the value of EU level PhD Fees €4,321.
- One-Year AHSS PHD Fee Waivers for PhD Research in any AHSS Department or School. (Ref: FWAHSS).
Department/School Fee Waivers & Scholarships:
We also invite applications for the following Department/School Fee Waivers to the value of EU level PhD Fees €4,321.
- Department of Politics and Public Administration: Up to Two One-Year PHD Fee Waivers for new PhD Applicants. (Ref: FWPPA).
- Department of Sociology: Two Fee Waivers: 1 three-year and 1 one-year fee waiver for new PhD applicants, to do research in any area related to the department's research clusters and strengths (inequality, urban sociology, gender, health and illness, media, popular music and popular culture, family processes, migration, inter alia) (Ref: FWSOC).
- School of Law Two (2) Tutoring Scholarships (a full fee waiver in return for up to five hours tutoring per week for ten weeks of each semester) (Ref: FWLAW).
- School of Modern Languages and Applied Linguistics: 1 One-Year PhD Fee Waiver for PhD applicants, beginning their studies in academic year 2017/18, to do research in any of the areas of expertise within the School (Ref: FWMLAL).
- School of Culture and Communication: Three MA (Research)/PhD scholarships (fees + €12,000 p.a.). These can be renewed twice, up to a total of three years' funding. Those awarded the scholarships will be expected to teach up to five hours of tutorials per week. Candidates are expected to have worked closely with a potential PhD supervisor within the School in preparing their application. The School may offer fees and stipend, stipend only or fees only to successful candidates depending on their circumstances and the quality of their application. Applications are welcome in all areas of scholarship within the School: Irish language and literature, English, Journalism, Technical Communication and Instructional Design. (Ref: CCSCHOL)
- School of Law: A scholarship for doctoral research students, in any area of law, beginning their studies in academic year 2017/18. One (1) Research Scholarship (a full fee waiver plus a €5000 stipend) (Ref: LAWSCHOL). The scholarship is available for a period of one year initially, with the expectation of renewal for a further two years, subject to successful academic progress.
How To Apply:
Complete the online application form and submit by the deadline for receipt of all application materials is 5pm (local Irish Time) May 12th 2017 (extended deadline).
Please supply 2 references to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm, May 12th 2017.
Incomplete or late applications will not be considered.
Informal queries may be sent to Professor Eoin Devereux, Assistant Dean for Research, Faculty of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences, University of Limerick – email: email@example.com
Further Details on the Faculty of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences at University of Limerick, Ireland may be found at www.ul.ie/artsoc.
Additional scholarships in AHSS 2017-18:
- PhD Scholarships in Hate Studies (31st May 2017)
- PhD Position in Youth Justice in the School of Law (15th May 2017)