Find a supervisor
Visit our listing of research supervisors in the Faculty of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences to find a potential supervisor, then contact them to discuss your research proposal.
Applications are made through the University of Limerick Graduate School. Please return your completed form, research proposal and relevant documents to the Graduate School, Level 2, Engineering Research Building or email: email@example.com.
You will need the following documents to apply:
- A signed application form.
- A research proposal (click to view guidelines for your proposal).
- Original transcripts of all third-level degrees (except University of Limerick transcripts).
- Two signed references must be included (at least one must be an academic reference).
- Where relevant, information on financial aid/scholarship must be included.
Applicants who do not have English as their first language must include the following additional documents with their application form:
- English translation of your qualification(s)/transcripts
- English language competency certificate
After we receive an application, the following process begins. Applications without all the documents listed above will take longer to process.For any further queries on the application process please contact Dr Niamh Lenahan: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone +353 (61) 202945.
- Candidate submits application form with all documentation as listed above where the application is initially assessed to check qualifications and entry requirements
- The application is forwarded to the AHSS Graduate Research Centre to co-ordinate the application process
- Proposals are sent to the Faculty of AHSS for approval and signing by the Assistant Dean for Research
- Approved proposals are considered at the Postgraduate Research Committee on the first Tuesday of each month (except August)
- Once applications are approved by the Postgraduate Research Committee, candidates are informed by letter of the outcome and given instructions about registering