Panopto is a cloud based video platform that facilitates the recording, sharing, editing and management of video content and is the leading video content management system for Higher Education. It is integrated with Sulis and can be accessed from your computer, laptop or mobile device.
Brightspace is UL’s Virtual Learning Environment. Brightspace is where you will find information and resources relating to your assigned modules. This can include course content such as.
- Class Announcements & Notifications.
- Lecture Slides & Materials (PowerPoint/ PDF Slides, etc.)
- Video Material hosted on Panopto.
- Online Assessments & Evaluations.
- Class Discussion Forums.
Further information can be found on the Brightspace Knowledge Base.
Sulis is UL's Learning Management Platform, here you will find information and resources related to your assigned modules. This includes lecture notes, quizzes and other useful resources. You can log into Sulis using your student ID number and student account password at https://sulis.ul.ie
Please note: Read-only access to Sulis will commence on September 8, 2023, which means that lecturers will no longer be able to create new project sites or add/manage participants on module sites. However, content will still be available to view/download on Sulis, until September 2024.
- Student records and Module registration - Student records and module registration: All student record queries should be directed to the Academic Registry Student Hub Online. This includes registration, records or transcript queries.
- Software Checkout for Installation - For library queries which include library fees, software checkout such as NVIVO or SPSS should be directed to the library information desk or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Other Library Resources - Other queries on aspects of Endnote, eduroam access and library resources can be directed towards the library support desk on the ground floor of the Library
- SULIS Queries - Once a student has registered for a module, it takes 24hrs for this information to be populated to the SULIS platform. Content will be available as long as it is published by individual lecturers. Students should always check with their lecturers that the content is published on SULIS and that the student is added to the module correctly.
- The ITD Service Desk – provide computer account and IT support for students. Students can raise a support call by following any of the steps below:
Email your query to email@example.com
How do I raise a Support Request?
- Log a call online at www.ul.ie/itss. If your issue is password related - complete the online form, and your password will be reset and issued to you within 24 hours (Monday to Friday). Please only submit this form once.
- Email your query to firstname.lastname@example.org
- For IT issues arising in ITD labs, students can submit support request and queries through the www.ul.ie/itss