Course Code: SDAIRWTDBD
Available: Part- Time
Duration: 1 Year
Award: Professional Diploma
Qualification: NFQ Level 9 Minor Award
Faculty: Science and Engineering
Course Type: Taught Professional/Flexible
Fees: For Information on Fees, see section below.
The Professional Diploma in Airworthiness is a 30 ECTS professional postgraduate qualification (NFQ Level 9) delivered fully online. It is offered by the School of Engineering at the University of Limerick, home of the long-established Aeronautical Engineering Bachelor, Master’s and PhD programmes.
The course meets technical education needs which have been recognised by the aviation industry, covering:
- Initial airworthiness; design and certification of aircraft materials, structures and systems, and
- Continuing airworthiness; aircraft maintenance, reliability, airworthiness management, aviation human factors and safety.
The course comprises of five modules, delivered part-time over one year in fully online mode, via the UL’s Learning Management System (LMS), suiting the needs of working professionals in Ireland and overseas.
Students gain invaluable advanced technical knowledge and insights via modules taught by experienced UL academics and a PhD-qualified external tutor.
Download Brochure here
Graduates of the Specialist Diploma in Airworthiness can pursue a Master of Science (MSc) in Engineering Practice. More details on the MSc pathway: https://www.ul.ie/gps/engineering-practice-msc
What to include with your application
- Qualification transcripts and/or certificates (including certified English translations if applicable)
- English language qualifications (if English is not your first language)
- A copy of your most recent CV
- A copy of your passport or birth certificate (long version)
- Proof of Status, e.g. unemployed, employed, self employed, returners. Acceptable documents for proof of status can be found here https://springboardcourses.ie/eligibility
A 2.2 honours primary degree and 3 to 5 years’ experience in the aviation and related industries.
For applicants who cannot satisfy the minimum entry requirement the course board may, at its discretion, accept a level lower qualification with stronger evidence of prior learning and experience.
Applicants must meet UL’s English language requirements. For more information Click Here
The fee for this programme is €5000
Candidates who satisfy the eligibility criteria under Springboard+ can qualify for 90% or 100% funding subject to the availability of places.
All employed participants must pay a contribution of the course cost directly to the provider for all level 7-9 courses. Please note some formerly self-employed applicants not in receipt on DEASP payment are liable for 10% fees also. The onus is on the participant to arrange payment of this fee. The HEA will fund the remainder of the cost directly to the provider.
Unemployed and Returner participants
Springboard+ will pay all fees for unemployed and returner participants.
To clarify eligibility please go to https://springboardcourses.ie/eligibility
Please note that Fees are subject to reviewFor information on funding and scholarships please click here.