Read instructions on how to applyExpress interest
Register your interest here for more information or to be notified when applications are open.
Start date: Spring (January)
The Certificate in Workplace Transversal Skills allows participants to learn and apply a set of transversal competencies and skills. The skills are appropriate for the individuals personal and professional development. The aim is to develop a set of skills that will allow you develop your individual confidence and agency to apply your skills in the workforce in a new of familiar setting.
(M) Microcreds available:
Modules listed within the Programme Content with an (M) beside them are MicroCreds and can be taken independently.
Growing as an individual requires learning and learning can be achieved by observing, modelling, and imitating the behaviours, attitudes, and emotional reactions of others. Both environmental and personal factors interact to influence human learning and behaviour. With this in mind, delivery is through a combination of interactive workshops, online initially, and in person as circumstances allow, with live and recorded online activities and materials to maximise learner engagement.
Areas covered are:
- Teamwork, Change, and Cultural Diversity
- Co-operation in the Workplace and working together.
- Transforming Aspirations to Goals
- Healthy and Productive Remote Working
- Problem Solving Tools and Techniques
- Transversal Skills in Practice.
These skills support people to have agency over their personal circumstances and to get the best out of their environmental factors to achieve a sustainable change in their behaviour and learning. The taught content is designed to support the skill implementation. Students will implement their learning in their practice site. This bridge between theory and practice helps students to have a more meaningful learning experience throughout this programme.
When students have finished this course, they will be able to:
1. Define, categorise, and understand a wide range of transversal skills in workplace.
2. Plan, implement, monitor and improve their transversal skills at both operational and strategic levels.
3. Explain the impact of those transversal skills on their ability to work effectively.
4. Demonstrate their attainment of a number of skills through their practice portfolio.
This module will provide students with knowledge in the key principles, theories, and techniques of safe and productive remote working and help them to be more successful in their face-to-face working environment as well.
This module will illustrate the 10 steps to be taken to transform an organisational or personal aspiration into a set of specific, measurable, and attainable goals which can be actioned.
This module actively engages students in three key areas of academic study: Teamwork (group dynamics, role, and communication), Cultural Diversity (organisational culture and individual identity) and Change (cycles of change, resistance, and strategies for implementing change).
Cooperative Vs Pseudo-Cooperative Workplace:
This module is designed to allow participants to learn and implement the five golden principles of cooperation (Respect, Solidarity, Goodwill, Equity and Fairness) in their life and workplace.
Problem Solving Tools And Techniques:
This module explains the principles of 6 Sigma and how they can be implemented in the manufacturing and service sectors to quality improvement, problem Identification and problem solving, the customer impact and the roles required for implementation (Executive Leadership, Master Black Belt, Black Belt, Green Belt).
The project module is designed to provide students with the opportunity to generate ideas and solve problems in an industrial setting. Students will be able to practice some of the skills and techniques developed in other course modules.
(M) A MicroCred is a single module within a larger further award (eg. Certificate, Diploma, Masters). By taking a micro-credential you may be eligible to apply for a credit exemption should you progress to study for a further award.
The main objective of this programme is to upskill the Irish workforce in terms of the general and transversal skills they need in order to be more impactful in their workplace. Therefore, there is no academic pre-requirement for entering this course of study.
All applicants with a Leaving Cert are eligible to apply for this programme. This wide entry requirement enables larger cohorts of Irish industries’ workforce to improve their transversal skills through this programme. And less number of the potential applicants will be excluded from enhancing their transversal skills due to lack of academic qualifications
Required Documents for UL application:
Delays in receiving these documents will affect the progress of your application.
- Photo or Scanned original copy of your transcripts for all years of study. (Graduates of UL need only provide us with their Student ID number.)
- Photo or Scanned copy of passport to verify ID and full legal name.
- A copy of your most recent CV, please note that by providing this document you are agreeing that we may send it to members of industry if you require assistance when searching for an Industry Learning Placement (ILE) or project work (applies to some courses only).
- Applicants who do not have English as their first language may satisfy English Language requirements:
- If your qualifications have been obtained in a country where English is an official language this will suffice
If this is not available, the following additional documents must be provided:
• English translation of your qualification(s)/transcripts
• English language competency certificate
For more information Click Here
EU Fees: €2,000 per annum
25% Funding available from ICBE Business Excellence Skillnet
€2000 per person/ €1500 per person after ICBE Business Excellence Skillnet funding applied
Further information on fees and payment of fees is available from the Student Fees Office website. All fee related queries should be directed to the Student Fees Office (Phone: +353 61 213 007 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.)