Available: Part- Time
Duration: 1 Year
Qualification: NFQ Level 8
Faculty: Science and Engineering
Course Type: Taught Professional/Flexible
Fees: For Information on Fees, see section below.
Application Deadline: Sunday, January 10, 2021
The application deadline for these programmes has been extended to the January 10th 2021 to accommodate demand. Please note programmes may close in advance of deadline.
The certificate in Robotics gives current and potential industry professionals the fundamental theoretical and practical skills, abilities and knowledge so they may contribute to building a leading position for Ireland in the rapidly developing discipline of smart manufacturing and industry 4.0.
Graduates will be equipped with the knowledge and skills to take up roles in the field of robotics and automation and will use this certificate as a gateway to the achievement of higher awards in the general area of robotics.
Upon completion of this course, participants will have a firm grounding in the knowledge and skills needed for them to take an active role in the field of Robotics, gaining fulltime employee within the technology sector and/or upskilling in the specific programme knowledge and skills.
- Computer Control for Robotic systems
- An introduction to Sensors, Actuators and Cyberphysical systems
- Machine Vision for Robotics.
- Mobile Robotics and Locomotion
- Project Module
This programme has secured Government funding through the July Stimulus Postgraduate Skills package. Eligible applicants can avail of 90-100% funding. Please click here for eligibility criteria
Academic Entry Requirements
A minimum Level 7 qualification
Where an applicant does not meet the entry requirements above, they can be evaluated under the UL RPL (prior learning) policy and may be interviewed to ascertain their suitability for the programmeApply online
What to include with your application - failure to upload the required documents will lead to a delay in your application being processed.
- Proof of Employment Status - Please click here for more informmation - NOTE: Your application cannot be processed without this..
- Qualification transcripts and/or certificates (including certified English translations if applicable)
- English language qualifications (if English is not your first language)
- A copy of your most recent CV
- A copy of your passport or birth certifcate (long version)