Register your interest here for more information or to be notified when applications are open.
Commencing in September 2023.
Graduates of the Certificate in Public Procurement & Supply Chain Excellence will understand the importance of supply and demand planning in the context of supply chain management and develop their professional skills with a particular focus on professional purchasing, quality management, accounting and financial decision making.
Each module is delivered online both through Live Sessions and pre-recorded lectures. Participants are expected to undertake private study sessions based upon guided reading, textbooks and self-assessment questions. An assignment is completed for each module, with detailed written feedback from tutors, ongoing coaching, advice and support provided for the duration of the programme.
This programme is based on the business needs of our commercial partner the HSE and its procurement wing the Health Business Services (HBS). This outward facing programme links not only to the HBS but also to the long-term plan to integrate this public procurement programme into section 38 funded organisations and the OGP. This pioneering programme is innovative in nature in that it is responsive to the changing needs of public procurement functions across the public sector. This Certificate programme in e in Public Procurement and Supply Chain Excellence, was co-created in response to a growing market need for upskilling and reskilling in public sector procurement, particularly in the Health Business Services (HBS). The programme is a cross-disciplinary offering and the design team consisted of academics from the Department of Management and Marketing and the Department of Science and Engineering along with procurement specialists from the HBS.
PT4024: Introduction to Models & Frameworks for SCM
MG2041: Forecasting & Scheduling
MG2051: Supply & Demand Planning
MG2022: Case Study
AC2914: Accounting for Financial Decision Making
MG2132: Quality Management
MN2002: Professional Purchasing
PT4045: Skills Portfolio (Supply Chain Management)
MN2003: Public Procurement Project
CE3002: Learning How to Learn
CA4003: Career Development
An NFQ level 6 qualification, (with a minimum of 60ECTS, the combination of awards is allowable) in a scientific, engineering or technical discipline.
An equivalent qualification. and The Course Board reserves the right to interview candidates as it deems necessary.
The recognition of prior learning and prior experiential learning as per university policy will be applied to this course.
Required Documents for UL application:
Delays in receiving these documents will affect the progress of your application.
- Photo or Scanned original copy of your transcripts for all years of study. (Graduates of UL need only provide us with their Student ID number.)
- Photo or Scanned copy of passport to verify ID and full legal name.
- A copy of your most recent CV, please note that by providing this document you are agreeing that we may send it to members of industry if you require assistance when searching for an Industry Learning Placement (ILE) or project work (applies to some courses only).
- Applicants who do not have English as their first language may satisfy English Language requirements:
- If your qualifications have been obtained in a country where English is an official language this will suffice
If this is not available, the following additional documents must be provided:
• English translation of your qualification(s)/transcripts
• English language competency certificate
For more information Click Here
EU - €1,200
Non- EU - €1,200
Further information on fees and payment of fees is available from the Student Fees Office website. All fee related queries should be directed to the Student Fees Office (Phone: +353 61 213 007 or email email@example.com.)