Register your interest here for more information or to be notified when applications are open.
This Certificate in Management for services businesses has been developed in direct response to the devastating impact that Covid-19 has had on the Service Businesses sector.
This innovative programme is tailored to hospitality and retail professionals. It is delivered fully online to allow flexibility for busy working professionals. This programme is ideal for those who wish to upskill within this sector or for those who want to reskill to enter into this vibrant and exciting industry.
On successful completion of this programme, the graduate will be able to:
- Identify and integrate the fundamental principles (core skills) of management in the context of the service businesses sector.
- Demonstrate and develop skills that will enable them to successfully manage a variety of stakeholders including themselves, their team and the customer.
- Utilise a range of management skills across a range of functions within their organisation.
- Demonstrate an appreciation and provide evidence of reflective practice, self-awareness and personal development planning.
They will also learn how to monitor current and future trends within their business sector and be prepared to respond rapidly to changing external factors.
Spring Semester: Autumn Semester:
MG2101: Management and Leadership AC2914: Accounting for Financial Decision Making
MG2131: Managing Communications MG2121: Managing Projects and Resources
PM2021: Selecting the Team MG2132: Quality Management
PM2031: Motivating the Team MG2213: Customer Experience Development in Service Businesses
PM2042: Reflective Learning Journal MG2223: Effective Business Planning
Participants should hold the Leaving Certificate or equivalent qualification and have at least 2 years commercial experience. The level of commercial experience will be assessed as follows:
The participants will be required to supply a comprehensive CV. The Course Director will interview the participants if it is deemed necessary.
The Course Director will correspond with the participant's Direct Manager / Supervisor in order to establish the commercial experience of the participant.
The University reserves the right to short-list and interview applicants as deemed necessary.
What to Include with your Application
Delays in receiving these documents will affect the progress of your application.
- Photo or Scanned original copy of your transcripts for all years of study. (Graduates of UL need only provide us with their Student ID number.)
- Photo or Scanned copy of passport to verify ID and full legal name.
- A copy of your most recent CV.
- Applicants who do not have English as their first language may satisfy English Language requirements:
- If your qualifications have been obtained in a country where English is an official language this will suffice
If this is not available, the following additional documents must be provided:
• English translation of your qualification(s)/transcripts
• English language competency certificate
For more information Click Here
EU - €2,150
Non- EU - €2,393
Springboard - Candidates who satisfy the eligibility criteria under Springboard+ can qualify for 90% or 100% funding subject to the availability of places. To clarify eligibility please go to https://springboardcourses.ie/eligibility
Further information on fees and payment of fees is available from the Student Fees Office website. All fee related queries should be directed to the Student Fees Office (Phone: +353 61 213 007 or email email@example.com.)