Available: Part- Time
Duration: 1 Year
Qualification: NFQ Level 7
Faculty: Kemmy Business School
Course Type: Professional/Flexible
Fees: For Information on Fees, see section below.
Designed for middle managers looking to develop their managerial competencies and skills, this one-year, level 7 programme uses individual exercises, group discussions, formal presentations and more to help learners make measurable progress in the areas of communication, teamwork, influencing, strategic thinking and planning and organising.
For professionals who
- Seek to reinforce their experiential management skills with an academic qualification in management
- Have three or more years of organisational experience and wish to develop their understanding of the management process and learn appropriate techniques in preparation for their first managerial role
- Hold a Certificate in Management or equivalent qualification
Participants learn to
- Understand and appreciate core management principles and theories
- Apply a range of management skills and techniques to manage themselves and their teams more effectively
- Demonstrate interpersonal confidence, communication skills and organisational techniques in a range of settings
- Appreciate the impact of the economic environment on their organisation
- Control stress and manage their work/life balance
How it works
- The course is designed to enhance learners’ competencies in five key areas: communication skills, teamwork, influencing skills, strategic thinking and planning and organising.
- Tutors assign work for each module. Additionally, a work-based project is completed, allowing learners to demonstrate their applied learning within their organisations.
- Each student makes a personal development plan focusing on the competencies to be followed for the year. Participants are formally assessed in the five core competencies at the beginning and end of the programme to evaluate progress.
|Autumn Semester||Spring Semester|
For those who work in the following types of professions
- Accounting Technician
- Lead Supervisor
- Electrical/Production Manager
- Sales/Marketing Manager
- Executive Administrator
- and other similar roles
What to Include with your Application
Delays in receiving these documents will affect the progress of your application.
- Photo or Scanned original copy of your transcripts for all years of study. (Graduates of UL need only provide us with their Student ID number.)
- Photo or Scanned copy of passport to verify ID and full legal name.
- Digital quality head and shoulders photograph.
- A copy of your most recent CV, (for Springboard applicants, please note that by providing this document you are agreeing that we may send it to members of industry if you require assistance when searching for an Industry Learning Placement (ILE) or project work). Applies to some courses only.
- Proof of status depending on what you filled on the website (Springboard+ only) Click Here.
- Applicants who do not have English as their first language may satisfy English Language requirements:
• If your qualifications have been obtained in a country where English is an official language this will suffice
If this is not available, the following additional documents must be provided:
• English translation of your qualification(s)/transcripts
• English language competency certificate
For more information Click Here