Available: Part- Time
Duration: 1 Year
Qualification: NFQ Level 7
Faculty: Kemmy Business School
Course Type: Professional/Flexible
Fees: For Information on Fees, see section below.
Application Deadline: Monday, August 12, 2019
Designed for middle managers looking to develop their managerial competencies and skills, this one-year, level 7 programme uses individual exercises, group discussions, formal presentations and more to help learners make measurable progress in the areas of communication, teamwork, influencing, strategic thinking and planning and organising.
For professionals who
- Seek to reinforce their experiential management skills with an academic qualification in management
- Have three or more years of organisational experience and wish to develop their understanding of the management process and learn appropriate techniques in preparation for their first managerial role
- Hold a Certificate in Management or equivalent qualification
Participants learn to
- Understand and appreciate core management principles and theories
- Apply a range of management skills and techniques to manage themselves and their teams more effectively
- Demonstrate interpersonal confidence, communication skills and organisational techniques in a range of settings
- Appreciate the impact of the economic environment on their organisation
- Control stress and manage their work/life balance
How it works
- The course is designed to enhance learners’ competencies in five key areas: communication skills, teamwork, influencing skills, strategic thinking and planning and organising.
- Tutors assign work for each module. Additionally, a work-based project is completed, allowing learners to demonstrate their applied learning within their organisations.
- Each student makes a personal development plan focusing on the competencies to be followed for the year. Participants are formally assessed in the five core competencies at the beginning and end of the programme to evaluate progress.
|Autumn Semester||Spring Semester|
For those who work in the following types of professions
- Accounting Technician
- Lead Supervisor
- Electrical/Production Manager
- Sales/Marketing Manager
- Executive Administrator
- and other similar roles
Non-EU fees: €3836
EU fees: €3836