Register your interest here for more information or to be notified when applications are open.
Commencing in September 2023.
For professionals seeking to deepen their management skills or gain a formal qualification, this one-year skills-based programme uses interactive workshops to explore relevant theory and techniques while focusing on individual development and practical application in the workplace.
(M) Microcreds available:
Modules listed within the Programme Content with an (M) beside them are MicroCreds and can be taken independently.
For professionals who
- Aspire to or currently hold their first management position
- Wish to develop a range of skills, including self-management, team management and interpersonal skills
- Seek a third-level qualification in management
- Have a minimum of two years organisational experience
Participants learn to
- Recognise and integrate core management principles and theories
- Differentiate the central managerial components of a management role from the technical and administrative components
- Apply a comprehensive range of management skills and techniques to improve individual, team and organisational performance
- Employ interpersonal skills, confidence and ability to achieve personal targets and goals
- Identify learning needs and commit to long-term professional development
How it works
- In each class, a tutor leads learners through a skills-based workshop designed to reinforce the learning material studied since the previous class.
- Learners complete an assignment for each module and receive detailed written feedback from tutors.
- Participants prepare for class in their own time, using assigned guided reading, textbooks and self-assessment questions.
- Ongoing coaching, advice and support is provided by MDU for the duration of the programme.
(M) A MicroCred is a single module within a larger further award (eg. Certificate, Diploma, Masters). By taking a micro-credential you may be eligible to apply for a credit exemption should you progress to study for a further award.
For those who work in the following types of professions:
- Customer Service Supervisor
- Assistant Manager
- Production Operator
- Sales/Marketing Assistant
- Salon Manager
- Legal/Medical Secretary and other similar roles
What to Include with your Application
Delays in receiving these documents will affect the progress of your application.
- Photo or Scanned original copy of your transcripts for all years of study. (Graduates of UL need only provide us with their Student ID number.)
- Photo or Scanned copy of passport to verify ID and full legal name.
- A copy of your most recent CV.
- Applicants who do not have English as their first language may satisfy English Language requirements:
- If your qualifications have been obtained in a country where English is an official language this will suffice
If this is not available, the following additional documents must be provided:
• English translation of your qualification(s)/transcripts
• English language competency certificate
For more information Click Here
EU €2,150 Non- EU €2,392
Further information on fees and payment of fees is available from the Student Fees Office website. All fee related queries should be directed to the Student Fees Office (Phone: +353 61 213 007 or email email@example.com.)