Available: Part- Time
Duration: 1 Year
Qualification: NFQ Level 6
Faculty: Kemmy Business School
Course Type: Professional/Flexible
Fees: For Information on Fees, see section below.
For professionals seeking to deepen their management skills or gain a formal qualification, this one-year skills-based programme uses interactive workshops to explore relevant theory and techniques while focusing on individual development and practical application in the workplace.
For professionals who
- Aspire to or currently hold their first management position
- Wish to develop a range of skills, including self-management, team management and interpersonal skills
- Seek a third-level qualification in management
- Have a minimum of two years organisational experience
Participants learn to
- Recognise and integrate core management principles and theories
- Differentiate the central managerial components of a management role from the technical and administrative components
- Apply a comprehensive range of management skills and techniques to improve individual, team and organisational performance
- Employ interpersonal skills, confidence and ability to achieve personal targets and goals
- Identify learning needs and commit to long-term professional development
How it works
- In each class, a tutor leads learners through a skills-based workshop designed to reinforce the learning material studied since the previous class.
- Learners complete an assignment for each module and receive detailed written feedback from tutors.
- Participants prepare for class in their own time, using assigned guided reading, textbooks and self-assessment questions.
- Ongoing coaching, advice and support is provided by MDU for the duration of the programme.
|Autumn Semester||Spring Semester|
For those who work in the following types of professions:
- Customer Service Supervisor
- Assistant Manager
- Production Operator
- Sales/Marketing Assistant
- Salon Manager
- Legal/Medical Secretary
and other similar roles
What to Include with your Application
Delays in receiving these documents will affect the progress of your application.
- Photo or Scanned original copy of your transcripts for all years of study. (Graduates of UL need only provide us with their Student ID number.)
- Photo or Scanned copy of passport to verify ID and full legal name.
- Digital quality head and shoulders photograph.
- A copy of your most recent CV, (for Springboard applicants, please note that by providing this document you are agreeing that we may send it to members of industry if you require assistance when searching for an Industry Learning Placement (ILE) or project work). Applies to some courses only.
- Proof of status depending on what you filled on the website (Springboard+ only) Click Here.
- Applicants who do not have English as their first language may satisfy English Language requirements:
• If your qualifications have been obtained in a country where English is an official language this will suffice
If this is not available, the following additional documents must be provided:
• English translation of your qualification(s)/transcripts
• English language competency certificate
For more information Click Here