The Certificate in Cyberphysical systems Engineering is developed specifically to upskill Design Engineers/Technicians who wish to pivot toward the Cyberphysical / Cybernetics / Robotics space including Smart Manufacturing and Industry 4.0.
Developed in consultation with the Confirm Smart Manufacturing Institute Funded Researchers and Industry Board members this certificate will enable graduates to contribute to multi-disciplinary design projects within organisations that require a mix of Robotics, Control, Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning.
Having completed this programme the participant will have become familiar with the interdisciplinary components that constitute a modern Cyberphysical system. The graduate will be well prepared for the subject matter that features on the Industry led Level 9 University of Limerick programmes in either Mechatronics, Artificial Intelligence and Machine learning or Computer and Communication systems
Over the duration, participants will study:
Semester 1 Computer Controlled Systems - Cyberphysical Systems Design;
Summer - Project Planning & description;
Semester 2 Machine Vision Systems Design - Data Engineering Fundamentals.
For hands on learning. participants will also complete project in Cyberphysical systems in the Autumn semester.
This programme has secured Government funding through the July Stimulus Postgraduate Skills package. Eligible applicants can avail of 90-100% funding. Please click here for eligibility criteria
Academic Entry Requirements
A minimum Level 7 qualification
Where an applicant does not meet the entry requirements above, they can be evaluated under the UL RPL (prior learning) policy and may be interviewed to ascertain their suitability for the programme
What to include with your application
- Proof of Employment Status - Please click here for more informmation - NOTE: Your application cannot be processed without this..
- Qualification transcripts and/or certificates
- A copy of your most recent CV
- A copy of your passport or birth certifcate (long version)
- If your qualifications have been obtained in a country where English is an official language this will suffice
If this is not available, the following additional documents must be provided:
• English translation of your qualification(s)/transcripts
• English language competency certificate
For more information Click Here