Read instructions on how to applyExpress Interest
Register your interest here for more information or to be notified when applications are open.
QS Ranked Top 100 worldwide (School of Education)
The Masters of Education (School Leadership) is specifically designed for those who have completed a level 9 Postgraduate Diploma in School Leadership. The programme facilitates those who have completed the Postgraduate Diploma in School Leadership to capitalize on their current expertise and to develop an advanced and integrated understanding of school leadership at Master’s level. The Master’s in School Leadership will comprise a one-year programme. Delivery will be predominantly online to facilitate distance learning.
Click here for the course brochure.
This one-year blended Master of Education in School Leadership (MESL) programme is specifically designed for those who have completed a recognised level-9 Postgraduate Diploma in the field of educational leadership, management and administration. Through a social scientific inquiry model, students capitalise on their professional and academic experiences to further develop a nuanced understanding of educational leadership, organisational developments, policy enactment and the contextual subtleties within the Irish system that factor into the work of educational leaders. As a result, a primary goal of this programme is to provide aspiring and established leaders with a research informed perspective of the relational nature of leading a learning organisation.
On completion of the programme students will have provided evidence of successful engagement with the following Learning Outcomes:
- Engaged critically and analytically with an area of research relevant to a school leadership.
- Designed and conducted a social scientific inquiry into an aspect of school leadership.
- Appraised the practical and academic debates which pertain to school leadership.
- Developed an advanced and integrated practical and theoretical understanding of school leadership
- Developed cognitive and technical research skills and be in a position to research and apply established theories to research in school leadership.
- Developed an ability to analyse critically, to reflect upon and to synthesise complex information, problems, concepts and theories.
- Demonstrated a clear understanding of the complexity of school leadership.
- Utilised research databases and accessed policy documentation to have comprehensive understanding of policy in school leadership at both national and international levels.
- Demonstrated intellectual autonomy in the development and dissemination of research.
The 1-year programme is designed for teachers with full-time posts. The programme is designed using face to face seminars and distance learning technology. Supervision will be conducted via virtual meetings. The programme starts in Spring with a series of face to face sessions designed to introduce you to research methods and procedures to kick start your thesis and accelerate you into data collection and analysis stage by the summer.
|Semester 1 Spring||Summer Semester||Semester 3 Autumn|
Advanced Research Methods 1:
|M. Ed Thesis||M. Ed Thesis (contd.)|
Applicants must have successfully completed a Postgraduate Diploma in School Leadership or equivalent with a minimum second class honours grade two. Applicants are expected to have a minimum of 2 years teaching experience.
WHAT TO INCLUDE WITH YOUR APPLICATION:
- Qualification transcripts and/or certificates (including certified English translations if applicable).
- A copy of your passport or birth certificate (long document).
- Overview of the Educational Leadership Research Topic/Area (500 words maximum)
- If your qualifications have been obtained in a country where English is an official language this will suffice.
- If this is not available, the following additional documents must be provided:
• English translation of your qualification(s)/transcripts
• English language competency certificate
For more information Click Here