Read instructions on how to applyExpress Interest
Register your interest here for more information or to be notified when applications are open.
Provides graduates with contemporary project management approaches, developing theories and principles, deepening of knowledge, skills set and ability to critically analyse and engage actively in the development and integration of project management as a way of work within organisations. The programme has PMI accreditation.
MSc in Project Management – Mission Statement
To provide graduates with contemporary project management approaches, developing theories and principles, deepening of knowledge, skills set and ability to critically analyse and engage actively in the development and integration of project management as a way of work within organisations.
This MSc programme is aimed at new graduates who wish to pursue a career in a project related discipline. Specifically it will
- Introduce the fundamental principles of project management, frameworks processes and developing theories used in explaining how new project assets achieve business benefits in a change environment.
- Provide learners with the competencies to manage groups and teams and to interact effectively with project stakeholders
- Demonstrate project management best practice in managing human, physical and financial resources throughout the project lifecycle.
- Introduce the principles of how to manage change through portfolios, programmes and projects in line with organisational strategic objectives.
- Explore commercial management of projects including capital budgeting, project appraisal, outsourcing business case development
- Show how projects and project management maturity models can be interpreted and integrated within individual and organisational development initiatives
- Introduce the concepts and theories of corporate and social responsibility and provide a framework for planning and evaluating the actions and performance of a project in the context of sustainable and socially responsible activity.
- Introduce learners to the importance of how to use organisational and project management knowledge systems to manage and evaluate projects.
- Develop the learner's research capability in conceptualising, formulating, conducting and reporting on independent research in a project environment.
One of the key aims of this MSc programme is to provide students with an opportunity to engage with industry leaders and practitioners through guest lectures and industry lead research projects and case studies The programme delivery will achieve this through a variety of established pedagogical approaches, including a blend of experiential learning, group work, interactive presentations project based case work and assessments. In addition students will have the option of conducting in-company research work. The M.Sc. in Project Management is globally accredited by the Project Management Institute(PMI) Global Accreditation Centre (GAC).
Athena Swan Scholarships available - to apply please see Faculty Scholarships (KBS) on our Funding your Postgraduate degree page. Closing date: Friday, 20th May 2022. - CLOSED
Double Degree Opportunity
This programme offers a dual degree opportunity at the following French partners: Audencia Business School (Nantes), Excelia Business School (La Rochelle), Neoma Business School (Reims or Rouen), Rennes Business School, and Toulouse Business School. The dual degree opportunity involves studying for a second year at the dual degree partner, at the end of which students will receive their MSc. from the University of Limerick as well as a Masters from the dual degree partner.
The MSc is a full time programme to be completed within a 12 month cycle commencing in September.
|Autumn Semester||Spring Semester||Summer Semester|
Option to Exit with a Graduate Diploma in Project Management
Content of modules can be found by using the search option on the book of modules.
Minimum of an honours primary degree (2H2) (Level 8 - National Qualifications Authority of Ireland) in a project management related field, such as engineering, science, business, information technology, public administration, health and education. Candidates may be selected for interview to determine suitability.
In the case of international students, the overseas equivalent as determined by the Course Team in consultation with UL Graduate School Admissions. Where candidates are non-native English language speakers, certified demonstrable achievement in TOEFL English Language Competency Test will be required.
WHAT TO INCLUDE WITH YOUR APPLICATION:
Please have the following documents ready to upload with your application:
- Full degree transcript and certificates/awards (including English translation if applicable)
- References if desired
- A copy of your birth certificate (long document)
- If your qualifications have been obtained in a country where English is an official language this will suffice
If this is not available, the following additional documents must be provided:
• English translation of your qualification(s)/transcripts
• English language competency certificate
For more information Click Here
EU - €9,500
Non- EU - €17,543
Further information on fees and payment of fees is available from the Student Fees Office website. All fee related queries should be directed to the Student Fees Office (Phone: +353 61 213 007 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.)
The MSc in Project Management will provide a valuable gateway for students wishing to pursue a professional career in projects. It is anticipated that through this programme students will develop the skills and knowledge to work in project based organisations within their own chosen disciplinary field, such as engineering, science, health, public administration and education.
MSc in Project Management (Full Time) Student Data-GAC