Read instructions on how to applyExpress Interest
Register your interest here for more information or to be notified when applications are open.
Provides graduates with contemporary project management approaches, developing theories and principles, deepening of knowledge, skills set and ability to critically analyse and engage actively in the development and integration of project management as a way of work within organisations. The MSc Project Management is accredited by the PMI Global Accreditation Centre for Project Management Education Programmes (GAC).
The GAC Accredited Program seal is a mark of Project Management Institute, Inc
Stay ahead in the rapidly evolving world of project management. Our MSc in Project Management blends traditional methodologies with modern, agile approaches, ensuring you're equipped to handle projects of any scale in today's dynamic business environment. With a curriculum endorsed by PMI, we place an emphasis on not just knowledge acquisition, but also practical application, critical analysis, and integrated solutions for organisational success.
Who Should Consider this Programme?
This programme is tailor-made for individuals aiming to carve out a niche in project-centric roles. Whether you're a fresh graduate or a professional seeking to upskill, our MSc in Project Management will help you master contemporary project management tools and approaches, enabling you to lead, integrate, and innovate in any organisational setting.
Key Benefits to Future Students:
- Integrated Learning Experience: Beyond the traditional project management principles, we expose students to forward-thinking approaches, ensuring a deep-seated understanding, an enhanced skill set, and the ability to critically engage with project management as an organisational game-changer.
- Real-world Exposure: Benefit from our strong industry ties. Engage with top-tier industry professionals through guest lectures, and gain unparalleled insights by working on industry-led research projects and case studies.
- Global Recognition and Opportunities: Our accreditation from the PMI Global Accreditation Centre (GAC) not only recognises our academic excellence but opens doors for you. Further, elevate your qualification with our dual degree opportunities available at prestigious French partner Business Schools.
Stay relevant, lead with confidence, and shape the future of project management with our MSc in Project Management. Join us in setting new standards.
Athena Swan Scholarships available - to apply please see Faculty Scholarships (KBS) on our Funding your Postgraduate degree page.
Double Degree Opportunity
This programme offers a dual degree opportunity at the following French partners: Audencia Business School (Nantes), Excelia Business School (La Rochelle), Neoma Business School (Reims or Rouen), Rennes Business School, and Toulouse Business School. The dual degree opportunity involves studying for a second year at the dual degree partner, at the end of which students will receive their MSc. from the University of Limerick as well as a Masters from the dual degree partner.
The MSc is a full time programme to be completed within a 12 month cycle commencing in September.
|Autumn Semester||Spring Semester||Summer Semester|
Option to Exit with a Graduate Diploma in Project Management
Content of modules can be found by using the search option on the book of modules.
Minimum of an honours primary degree (2H2) (Level 8 - National Qualifications Authority of Ireland) in a project management related field, such as engineering, science, business, information technology, public administration, health and education. Candidates may be selected for interview to determine suitability.
In the case of international students, the overseas equivalent as determined by the Course Team in consultation with UL Graduate School Admissions. Where candidates are non-native English language speakers, certified demonstrable achievement in TOEFL English Language Competency Test will be required.
WHAT TO INCLUDE WITH YOUR APPLICATION:
Please have the following documents ready to upload with your application:
- Full degree transcript and certificates/awards (including English translation if applicable)
- References if desired
- A copy of your birth certificate (long document)
- If your qualifications have been obtained in a country where English is an official language this will suffice
If this is not available, the following additional documents must be provided:
• English translation of your qualification(s)/transcripts
• English language competency certificate
For more information Click Here
EU - €9,252
Non- EU - €17,544
Further information on fees and payment of fees is available from the Student Fees Office website. All fee related queries should be directed to the Student Fees Office (Phone: +353 61 213 007 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.)
The MSc in Project Management will provide a valuable gateway for students wishing to pursue a professional career in projects. It is anticipated that through this programme students will develop the skills and knowledge to work in project based organisations within their own chosen disciplinary field, such as engineering, science, health, public administration and education.