Available: Full- Time
Duration: 1 Year
Faculty: Kemmy Business School
Course Type: Taught
Fees: For Information on Fees, see section below.
Initial offers have been made, however there are some places remaining. Applications will be reviewed weekly going forward. Interested applicants should apply as soon as possible as the application portal will close as soon as the programme is full.
Provides an in-depth understanding of the successful management of the global enterprise and seeks to develop an international, cross-cultural and global mindset among international managers of the future. It offers an excellent blend of the academic and the practical to enhance international career potential. An international study workshop is an integral part of the programme.
Designed for graduates who want to pursue international business careers, this Master's Degree explores the landscape of international management and global business. It provides an in-depth understanding of the successful management of the global enterprise and seeks to develop an international, cross-cultural and global mindset among international managers of the future. Delivered by an internationally experienced teaching team in state-of-the-art teaching facilities at the Kemmy Business School, this programme offers an excellent blend of the academic and the practical in order to enhance your international career potential.
- To develop an in-depth understanding of the global business arena and provide analytical frameworks for understanding the context for international business venturing
- To develop core personal and professional competences necessary for establishing a successful international business career and managing in a global business context
- To establish cultural, institutional, economic and socio-political determinants of legitimate practice in international business
- To explore international management practice from an international, comparative and cross cultural perspective
- To introduce fundamental concepts and practices in international corporate finance
- To establish core dimensions of the legal framework governing international business transactions
- To provide an understanding of the complexities of managing a culturally diverse and globally distributed workforce
- To provide an appreciation of marketing as a core global business 'technology'
- To explore issues impacting the development, implementation and evaluation of global business strategy; and
- To develop research, analytical and argumentation skills necessary to formulate, conduct and report an independent piece of research in a domain area of international management.
On successful completion of this programme of study, you will be able to:
- Analyse the main international management issues facing modern organisations, and in doing so, identify appropriate international business entry strategies
- Decipher the institutional and cross-cultural issues that arise when operating in different territories
- Evaluate the financial decision making practices of multinational organisations
- Identify the core contextual tenets of international trade and the legal regulatory frameworks within which international trade operates
- Evaluate the international human resource strategies and practices employed by multinational corporations
- Develop models to evaluate the effects of policies on inflation, employment, real interest rates, and production
- Identify the core requirements for successfully conducting international marketing activities
- Evaluate alternatives available in global business strategy formulation, implementation and evaluation
- Formulate research questions and hypotheses appropriate for masters level research projects; and
- Conceptualise, research and write a state of the art review of a chosen area of investigation and generate empirical data on the phenomenon under investigation.
This MSc is a one-year, full-time programme, completed over 3 academic semesters, incorporating an international workshop and a research paper submitted in August.
|Semester 1||Semester 2||Summer|
Choose one of the following:
Content of modules can be found by using the search option on the book of modules.
Normally an honours primary degree (2nd Class) (Level 8 - National Qualifications Authority of Ireland) in Business or a cognate discipline or, in the case of international students, the overseas equivalent as determined by the course team in consultation with UL Graduate School Admissions. Where candidates are non-native English language speakers, certified demonstrable achievement in a Standard English Language Competency Test will be required.
WHAT TO INCLUDE WITH YOUR APPLICATION:
- Qualification transcripts and certificates
- English language qualification if English is not your first language
- Certified English translations of your transcripts/certificates where the originals are in a language other than English.
- A copy of your birth certificate (long document)
To ensure a speedy assessment of your application, please upload the above documents with your application form.
Please title appropriately any documents you are uploading with the application form, for example "Supporting Statement", "Undergraduate Transcript", "Postgraduate Transcript", "English Language Certificate" etc.
English Language Requirements
Applicants whose first language is not English must provide evidence of either prior successful completion of a degree qualification taught through the medium of English or meet one of the criteria below (no longer than two years prior to application):
Acceptable English Language qualifications include the following:
- Matriculation examinations from European countries where English is presented as a subject and an acceptable level is achieved
- Irish Leaving Certificate English –Ordinary Level Grade D or above
- TOEFL – 580 (paper based) or 90 (internet based)
- IELTS – Minimum score of 6.5 with no less than 6 in any one component.
- English Test for English and Academic Purposes (ETAPP) – Grade C1
- GCE ‘O’ level English Language/GCSE English Language – Grade C or above
- University of Cambridge ESOL –Certificate of Proficiency in English - Grade C / Certificate in Advanced English Grade A
- GCE Examination Boards – Oxford Delegacy of Local Examinations – Grade C / Cambridge Local Examinations Syndicate – School Certificate Pass 1-6 / University of London Entrance and School Examinations Council – School Certificate Pass 1-6
Results in examinations other than those listed above may also be accepted as meeting our English language requirements. Contact the International Education Division for advice.
Graduates of this programme have found employment in consulting, marketing, sales, purchasing, banking, recruiting, quality management, and consumer protection at firms such as Dell, Accenture, Diageo, Amazon, Henkel, Lidl, and Bank of Ireland.