Read instructions on how to applyExpress Interest
Register your interest here for more information or to be notified when applications are open.
Provides an in-depth understanding of the successful management of the global enterprise and seeks to develop an international, cross-cultural and global mindset among international managers of the future. It offers an excellent blend of the academic and the practical to enhance international career potential. An international study workshop is an integral part of the programme.
Designed for graduates who want to pursue international business careers, this Master's Degree explores the landscape of international management and global business. It provides an in-depth understanding of the successful management of the global enterprise and seeks to develop an international, cross-cultural and global mindset among international managers of the future. Delivered by an internationally experienced teaching team in state-of-the-art teaching facilities at the Kemmy Business School, this programme offers an excellent blend of the academic and the practical in order to enhance your international career potential.
- To develop an in-depth understanding of the global business arena and provide analytical frameworks for understanding the context for international business venturing
- To develop core personal and professional competences necessary for establishing a successful international business career and managing in a global business context
- To establish cultural, institutional, economic and socio-political determinants of legitimate practice in international business
- To explore international management practice from an international, comparative and cross cultural perspective
- To introduce fundamental concepts and practices in international corporate finance
- To establish core dimensions of the legal framework governing international business transactions
- To provide an understanding of the complexities of managing a culturally diverse and globally distributed workforce
- To provide an appreciation of marketing as a core global business 'technology'
- To explore issues impacting the development, implementation and evaluation of global business strategy; and
- To develop research, analytical and argumentation skills necessary to formulate, conduct and report an independent piece of research in a domain area of international management.
On successful completion of this programme of study, you will be able to:
- Analyse the main international management issues facing modern organisations, and in doing so, identify appropriate international business entry strategies
- Decipher the institutional and cross-cultural issues that arise when operating in different territories
- Evaluate the financial decision making practices of multinational organisations
- Identify the core contextual tenets of international trade and the legal regulatory frameworks within which international trade operates
- Evaluate the international human resource strategies and practices employed by multinational corporations
- Develop models to evaluate the effects of policies on inflation, employment, real interest rates, and production
- Identify the core requirements for successfully conducting international marketing activities
- Evaluate alternatives available in global business strategy formulation, implementation and evaluation
- Formulate research questions and hypotheses appropriate for masters level research projects; and
- Conceptualise, research and write a state of the art review of a chosen area of investigation and generate empirical data on the phenomenon under investigation.
Double Degree Opportunity
This programme offers a dual degree opportunity at the following French partners: Audencia Business School (Nantes), Excelia Business School (La Rochelle), Neoma Business School (Reims or Rouen), Rennes Business School, and Toulouse Business School. The dual degree opportunity involves studying for a second year at the dual degree partner, at the end of which students will receive their MSc. from the University of Limerick as well as a Masters from the dual degree partner.
This MSc is a one-year, full-time programme, completed over 3 academic semesters, incorporating an international workshop and a research paper submitted in August.
|Semester 1||Semester 2||Summer|
Content of modules can be found by using the search option on the book of modules.
Normally an honours primary degree (2nd Class) (Level 8 - National Qualifications Authority of Ireland) in Business or a cognate discipline or, in the case of international students, the overseas equivalent as determined by the course team in consultation with UL Graduate School Admissions. Where candidates are non-native English language speakers, certified demonstrable achievement in a Standard English Language Competency Test will be required.
WHAT TO INCLUDE WITH YOUR APPLICATION:
- Qualification transcripts and certificates
- A copy of your birth certificate (long document)
- Supporting Statement
- A copy of your most recent CV
- If your qualifications have been obtained in a country where English is an official language this will suffice
If this is not available, the following additional documents must be provided:
• English translation of your qualification(s)/transcripts
• English language competency certificate
For more information Click Here
To ensure a speedy assessment of your application, please upload the above documents with your application form.
Please title appropriately any documents you are uploading with the application form, for example "Supporting Statement", "Undergraduate Transcript", "Postgraduate Transcript", "English Language Certificate" etc.
EU - €11,124
Non- EU - €19,792
Further information on fees and payment of fees is available from the Student Fees Office website. All fee related queries should be directed to the Student Fees Office (Phone: +353 61 213 007 or email email@example.com.)
Graduates of this programme have found employment in consulting, marketing, sales, purchasing, banking, recruiting, quality management, and consumer protection at firms such as Dell, Accenture, Diageo, Amazon, Henkel, Lidl, and Bank of Ireland.