Course Code: MSFISETFAD
Available: Full- Time
Duration: 1 Year
Faculty: Kemmy Business School
Course Type: Taught
Fees: For Information on Fees, see section below.
Read instructions on how to apply
The MSc in Financial Services was designed to equip students with the balance of academic knowledge and technical skills required for high value-added positions in the Financial Services industry in Ireland and abroad. Includes Trading Floor Certification and an international business trip. Facilitates subsequent professional accreditation within the international Financial Services industry.
Application Deadline: to be confirmed
The MSc in Financial Services was designed to equip students with the balance of academic knowledge and technical skills required for high value-added positions in the Financial Services industry in Ireland and abroad. In particular, the MSc curriculum has been designed to facilitate subsequent professional accreditation within the international Financial Services industry, thereby underpinning both the long-term value and the international portability of the MSc as a postgraduate qualification.
- To prepare students for high-level professional positions in the Financial Services industry
- To provide an opportunity for students to engage in significant and appropriate research
- To provide a source of highly skilled graduates to help underpin the growth of the Financial Services industry in Ireland
|Semester 1||Semester 2||Semester 3 (Summer)|
Electives – Choose 2
Electives – Choose 1
Option to Exit with a
Content of modules can be found by using the search option on the book of modules.
The minimum entry requirement will be a primary business degree (Level 8 - National Qualifications Authority of Ireland) with an award of Second Class Honours Grade 2. Applicants with relevant professional qualifications and experience and/or with an appropriate honours degree in a cognate discipline may also be considered for admission. Subject to the discretion of the course team and the University Admissions Office, applicants may be required to take the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT), and achieve a satisfactory score in it. An interview may also form part of the selection process.
WHAT TO INCLUDE WITH YOUR APPLICATION:
- Qualification transcripts and certificates
- English language qualification if English is not your first language
- Certified English translations of your transcripts/certificates where the originals are in a language other than English.
- A copy of your birth certificate/passport
Guidelines on Completing your Application
To ensure a speedy assessment of your application, please upload the above documents with your application form.
Please title appropriately any documents you are uploading with the application form, for example "Supporting Statement", "Undergraduate Transcript", "Postgraduate Transcript", "English Language Certificate" etc.
English Language Requirements
Applicants whose first language is not English must provide evidence of either prior successful completion of a degree qualification taught through the medium of English or meet one of the criteria below (no longer than two years prior to application):
Acceptable English Language qualifications include the following:
- Matriculation examinations from European countries where English is presented as a subject and an acceptable level is achieved
- Irish Leaving Certificate English –Ordinary Level Grade D or above
- TOEFL – 580 (paper based) or 90 (internet based)
- IELTS – Minimum score of 6.5 with no less than 6 in any one component.
- English Test for English and Academic Purposes (ETAPP) – Grade C1
- GCE ‘O’ level English Language/GCSE English Language – Grade C or above
- University of Cambridge ESOL –Certificate of Proficiency in English - Grade C / Certificate in Advanced English Grade A
- GCE Examination Boards – Oxford Delegacy of Local Examinations – Grade C / Cambridge Local Examinations Syndicate – School Certificate Pass 1-6 / University of London Entrance and School Examinations Council – School Certificate Pass 1-6
Results in examinations other than those listed above may also be accepted as meeting our English language requirements. Contact the International Education Division for advice.
The MSc in Financial Services has been one of the most challenging and enjoyable years of my life. There will be times when you will be working crazy hours, but the satisfaction you get from getting through each semester is second to none and you will make friends for life through it. The lecturers have been a brilliant part of the course, all of whom have a wealth of experience and knowledge around each subject and something that really stands out is how approachable and helpful they are throughout…..
I am convinced it will give you all you need to pursue a career in financial services. If you are pondering whether you should do this I recommend it 100%!
Nessa Harney, graduate 2015
Areas where graduates can expect to find employment include: Investment Banking, Corporate Banking, Private Banking, Fund Management, Debt and Equity Capital Markets, Treasury and Foreign Exchange, Investment Consulting, Risk Management, Compliance, Quantitative Financial Analysis, Sales, Trading and Research. The Dissertation element of the programme allows students to specialise in their particular area of interest.