Next Intake: To Be Confirmed
|Business Analytics Simulation||MI6303||9||6|
This module enables participants to learn through interactive and experiential learning that mirror the real world of starting and growing a new business.
Simulations are therefore useful to learn about complexities of running a small firm where it is the application, not the definitions, of business concepts, functions and operations are most important in creating critical skills.
Participation in this simulation promotes creativity amongst the participants, who develop a shared view of their learning with a personal learning aspect for independence of decision making and risk.
Participants are challenged to think and navigate their way through problems and challenges that are presented within this simulation to integrate concepts successfully cross-functionally and from financial and non-financial perspectives. The module will engage the participants in:
- Integrating the areas of market research; product development; competitor evaluation; pricing strategies; promotional activities, operational and financial management.
- Taking responsibility for making decisions, deal with their consequences and reflect on the outcomes.
- Managing uncertainty and time as decisions have to be made in a very short time frame – current reality of the international business world of the intra/entrepreneur.
- Devising pricing, promotional and product development strategies to ensure the firm gains a competitive advantage.
- Learning how and when to take risks and coping with the negative consequences that might emerge with some decisions.
Open to managers and supervisors from a variety of disciplines or those aspiring to a managerial role with three to five years organisational experience.
Desirable: Completion of an NFQ level 8 certificate in marketing or equivalent qualification.