The BA in Applied Policing and Criminal Justice is a two-year, undergraduate, level 8 degree, which will be delivered on a blended/online learning basis and will incorporate a combination of self-instructional materials.
For More Information Download the Course Brochure
The BA in Applied Policing and Criminal Justice (Course Code LM249) is a two-year, undergraduate, level 8 degree, which will be delivered on a blended/online learning basis and will incorporate a combination of self-instructional materials. These include: online lectures, student guide, interactive learning elements, core texts and recommended readings. There will be regular tutor led interactions and online tutorials.
It will allow learners to capitalise on their current expertise and develop their understanding of law and criminal justice.
The programme is open to students who have completed the level 7 BA in Applied Policing at An Garda Síochana Training College in Templemore, or equivalent.
Specific documentation must be uploaded with your application. Please gather these documents before you start your online application. You must have these documents ready to upload when you reach the upload screen of the online application form.
What to Include with your Application
Delays in receiving these documents will affect the progress of your application.
- Photo or Scanned original copy of your transcripts for all years of study. (Graduates of UL need only provide us with their Student ID number.)
- Photo or Scanned copy of passport to verify ID and full legal name.
- A copy of your most recent CV.
- a 300-500 word supporting statement that explains your motivation, enthusiasm and a clear understanding of why you are making the application to the BA Applied Policing and Criminal Justice programme.
- Applicants who do not have English as their first language may satisfy English Language requirements:
- If your qualifications have been obtained in a country where English is an official language this will suffice
If this is not available, the following additional documents must be provided:
• English translation of your qualification(s)/transcripts
• English language competency certificate
For more information Click Here
Applicants who qualified before the first National Diplomas in Police Studies were awarded in 1993:
In addition to the documents listed above, applicants who qualified before the first National Diplomas in Police Studies were awarded in 1993 are required to prepare and upload a 2,000-word portfolio outlining their experience and competencies relevant to the skills and competencies outlined on the QQI framework for a level 7 qualification. Applicants should demonstrate their relevant skills and competencies by reference to the roles and responsibilities they have undertaken as a member of An Garda Síochána. Applicants who are required to compile this portfolio should contact Dr Lydia Bracken (Lydia.Bracken@ul.ie) for a Guidance Document to assist in the preparation of same.
How to Apply
Please read the application instructions fully, before starting your online application form
To apply for this programme click here
EU - €3,096 per annum
Non- EU - €3,096 per annum
Further information on fees and payment of fees is available from the Student Fees Office website. All fee related queries should be directed to the Student Fees Office (Phone: +353 61 213 007 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.)