Read instructions on how to applyExpress Interest
Register your interest here for more information or to be notified when applications are open.
The Graduate Diploma in Business Agile Business Analysis is designed to position graduates in the space between data analytics and business decision makers.
This gap has been clearly identified as a skills deficiency in the Irish labour market. This programme is targetted at technically oriented business graduates looking to further develop business and quantitative skills as well as graduates with strong mathematical ability that want to transition into a business environment.
On successful completion of this course, graduates will be equipped with skills and competencies necessary to critically analyise and solve business problems using large data sets, statistical methods, optimisation techniques and predictive models, skills that are necessary to navigate and mitigate any economy turbulence, such as the Brexit scenarios that currently exist.
The modules have been specifically selected to allow participants to approach business problems in an applied, innovative and creative environment, both developing transversal skills as well as providing the opportunity to reflect the skills and competencies required in real-word situations.
In addition, attention will be focused on developing approaches to communicate findings and implement strategies are developed in leadership and project management modules.
- CS6401: Database Systems in Practice
- CS6501: Machine Learning and Applications
- MA610: Statistics for Data Analytics
- MI6201: Data and Analytical Decision Making
- MN6041: Project Management in Practice
- CS6502: Applied Big Data and Visualisation
- IN6062: Data Governance and Ethics
- MK6102: Digital Organisations, Markets & Consumers
- PM6072: Leadership, Influence and Change
- CA4003 Career Development: An optional module for those students who wish to pursue this professional development workshop. Which prepare learners with CV and career coaching, develop a LinkedIn/online presence, physical presentation and interviews skills.
The minimum entry requirement will be a primary degree (Level 8 - National Qualifications Authority of Ireland) in a relevant area (business, finance, economics, engineering and mathematics) with an award of Second Class Honours Grade 2.
Applicants with relevant professional qualifications and experience and/or with an appropriate honours degree in a cognate discipline may also be considered for admission. An interview may also form part of the selection process.
Applicants who cannot satisfy the minimum 2.2 honours primary degree requirement may be accepted on the basis of relevant professional experience (RPL). Applicants must also satisfy the Universities English Language Requirements.
Required Documents for UL application:
Delays in receiving these documents will affect the progress of your application.
- Photo or Scanned original copy of your transcripts for all years of study. (Graduates of UL need only provide us with their Student ID number.)
- Photo or Scanned copy of passport to verify ID and full legal name.
- A copy of your most recent CV, please note that by providing this document you are agreeing that we may send it to members of industry if you require assistance when searching for an Industry Learning Placement (ILE) or project work (applies to some courses only).
- Applicants who do not have English as their first language may satisfy English Language requirements:
- If your qualifications have been obtained in a country where English is an official language this will suffice
If this is not available, the following additional documents must be provided:
• English translation of your qualification(s)/transcripts
• English language competency certificate
For more information Click Here