Dr Sarah Kieran is a Post Doctoral Researcher in the Department of Work and Employment Studies.
She lectures in HRM, Strategic HRM and International HRM at the Kemmy Business School. Prior to joining UL she worked as a Management Consultant in Strategic and Organisational Development for a number of multinational organisations. This followed ten years in the Telecoms Sector where she held senior management roles in Strategy, CRM and HRM. Sarah is also Chairperson of Our Lady of Lourdes Community Services Group.
This experience has led to a wide range of research, consultancy and teaching interests covering areas such as strategy-as-practice, sensemaking and other discourse-related perspectives of strategy and strategic change. She is also interested in research in the Digital Transformation of Work, People Analytics, Leadership and Management in MNCs.
Digital Transformation of Work
New World of Work
Leaders & Middle Managers in MNCs
My teaching interests lie in the management perspective of Work and Employment and include Strategic HRM, International HRM, HRM and HRD.
- 2019 - ICBE HC Analytics Funding
- 2018 - Skillnet Future of Work Funding
- 2017 - Kemmy Business School Seed Funding
- 2011 - PhD Scholarship
- 2010 - Research Bursary
- 2018 Greensource - Review, Recommendations and Leadership Team Planning of HRM Strategy.
- 2018 AMBA: Association of MBAs Accreditation,
- 2010 Irish Executives International Network, Management Team member of a not-for-profit, international, Irish network for a two period (2010-2012). Instrumental in developing the Irish Executives Annual Conference and Irish Executive Start-Up Awards.
- 2016 University of Limerick - PhD
- 2015 University of Limerick - Graduate Diploma in Academic Practice
- 2010 University of Limerick - MSc (Honours)
- 1996 University of Limerick - Postgraduate Diploma
- 1993 University of Limerick - BA European Studies
- 2005 OMT Global - Senior Management Consultant
- 2002 Vodafone - Head of Commercial Strategy and Operations
- 1999 Vodafone - Head of CRM
- 1996 Eircell - Head of Organisational Development and Resource Planning
- Set up in 1992, Our Lady of Lourdes CSG Ltd is committed to identifying and supporting the needs of people living in the local community, through the provision of people centred services which are open, accessible and professionally delivered. Over the past 25 years the company has grown from strength and currently has an annual turnover in excess of 1.5 million euro PA we are a registered company, fully tax compliant and have charitable status.
- HR Analytics Ireland https://www.linkedin.com/company/hr-analytics-ireland/about/
- Skillnet and Irish Centre for Business Excellence Advanced Productivity Skillnet -exploration of the Impact of Digital Transformation on Cx Employees and the Global Business Services Sector. Report published June 2020 by Skillnet Ireland. Research Team Sarah Kieran, Lorraine Ryan, Juliet MacMahon and Sarah MacCurtain.
- Member, Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development