The US Federal Government requires that the University of Limerick provides the following information to students eligible for US Federal Loans. Please note that at this time some of this content may be restricted to current students.
• If you require assistance you can contact our Financial Aid Administrator, Margaret Gleeson, in the International Office by phone at 00 353 67 213041 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Loan Consumer Information Disclosures: Private loans
Students may obtain private loans from SallieMae, subject to credit check and lending criteria. Under the ‘Truth in Lending Act’, we are required to disclose consumer information related to these private loans. Details can be found at the Sallie Mae website.
- Services and facilities for students with disabilities
- Price of Attendance
- Return of Title IV Financial Aid
- Academic Program (Educational Program, Instructional Facilities, and Faculty)
- Retention rate
- Privacy of Student Records - family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)
- Freedom of information
- Safety Policy
- Student Loan Information Published by the U.S. Department of Education
- National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS): We are required to inform the student or parent that the loan will be submitted to the National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS), and will be accessible by guaranty agencies, lenders, and schools determined to be authorised users of the data system
- Entrance and Exit Counselling for Student Loan Borrowers
Preferred Lending List for Private Loans
The Preferred Lending List for Private Loans is the complete list of all lenders who will lend to American students who are staying outside the USA where there are no costs or liabilities to the school. Currently the list consists only of SallieMae. If any student finds another lender who will lend to American students who are studying outside the USA where there are no costs or liabilities to the school, then the school will be happy to consider adding that lender to the list.
The University of Limerick has tried to give students an early opportunity to begin their research of student funding. Although every effort has been made to ensure that information provided is both helpful to prospective candidates and accurate at the time of its publication, it is possible that some information may be outdated or superseded before the start of the 2020-2021 academic year.