Here are a few of the reasons why our university is the right choice for thousands of students seeking a real-world, career-focused education.
1. UL is the Home of Firsts
- A University of 'Firsts', UL prides itself on being ahead of many of Ireland's third level institutions in providing unique education and training facilities for all our students. From our graduate employment rate and state of the art library, to our sports and learning facilities - UL is leading the way. Read about all our 'Firsts'.
2. UL Grads get the jobs
- Our graduate employment rate is consistently higher than the national average. With a UL degree, you’ll be amongst the most employable graduates in Ireland. Our leading position in graduate employability makes UL degree holders especially attractive to employers. Our graduates are highly skilled and have claimed titles such as ‘Journalist of the Year’ and ‘Graduate Employee of the Year’.
3. Work Experience as Part of Every Degree
- You'll be career-ready with a UL degree. Our "Co-op" work placement will help you to develop the skills, experience and network connections to build a successful career. Co-op will enable you to 'hit the ground running' and give you a great platform when making the transition from university to the working world. Get the career-ready advantage at UL.
4. Affordable Living at UL
- Limerick is one of the most affordable cities in Ireland for student living. You can choose from various types of accommodation to suit your budget, either on campus or in neighbourhoods within a few minutes’ walk of the University. Come and visit during Open Days and see for yourself!
5. On-campus Accomodation
- Student accommodation at UL can provide for up to 1,000 first year students. We have 6 purpose-built student villages providing more than 2,500 rooms in a quality learning environment. There's a friendly atmosphere throughout UL with so many students living on-campus. See Campus Life for more info on living on-campus.
6. First Seven Weeks Programme
- UL can provide what you need, when you need it most. Unique in Irish universities, the First 7 Weeks programme at the University of Limerick is designed to support you during the very early weeks of your time as a UL student.
7. Ireland's Sporting Campus
- Sport is synonymous with the very fabric of Limerick. UL is home to Munster Rugby. Our multi-purpose University Arena boasts a top class indoor facility, a 50-metre pool and a separate diving pool. There are over 60 acres of outdoor pitches, with hurling walls and 8 all-weather 3/4G synthetic pitches. Whether you're training for Olympic gold or looking for the next Spin class, there's always something to get involved in, at Ireland's Sporting Campus. UL Sport is the home to all of these wonderful facilities.
8. New Glucksman Library
- UL’s new library is one of the largest campus libraries in Ireland and the most digitally advanced in the world. One stand-out feature of the new library is the ARC - a 10-meter high book vault and robotic crane that allows students to retrieve a book from thousands of drawers at the touch of a button. It is one of the few facilities of its type in the world. Providing over 2200 study spaces, the library combines traditional reading areas with vibrant technology-infused zones.
9. UL Supports You
- We have one-on-one learning centres in languages, maths, science and IT to support you in your learning of these subjects.
10. The UL Experience
- With world-class facilities on a unique campus, there are so many reasons to love life at UL! The UL Experience is more than just a university degree - remember there's life outside of the lecture theatre. With almost 90 clubs and societies offering over 150 different activities, there are sure to be one or two that are just right for you.